Bath & lavatory faucets

STRETCH

The valves turn on/off the reverse of my home faucets. Is this normal? This caused disaster sunday night. I closed the gray tank valve sat. To collect some h2o for the black holding tank dump before going home monday. My dw accidently left the vale open after a trip to the toilet while half asleep. We woke up at 600am to 1" of h20 on the floor. We had to use every towel and rug to clean it up. I only hope there's no damage to the subfloor and underbelly. Can i reverse the valves in the bath room?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Are we to assume that the "cold" is on the left and the "hot" is on the right?? If it is that way...I don't see any reason the lines could not be changed around.

jimtoo

Hi Bob & Stretch,

Bob,, I think he is referring to to the way a valve turns...right or left. I know I have seen somewhere, and I think I got instructions with a new sink set, there is a washer under the handle, on the stem that has an aprox 45% open side that goes against a stop which is the open and close limits. If you turn the washer over, it will make the faucet on and off reverse directions. I cannot find where I saw or got it,,,but I know I saw it.

Jim M

STRETCH

I believe you can remove the cartridges and swap them.
That is what I have done with my residence faucets before. I'll do that or change from knobs to lever style handles. In the past 24hrs. we've had 10" rain in Fort Worth and haven't ventured out today to look at my options and check for water damage. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT BRAND OF FAUCETS ARE USED BY HEARTLANDRV?

Last edited:

Bernie55

Had the same problem, and when i swapped them, as hoefler stated, they worked fine......