D-seals and corner blocks

HappyKayakers

Could someone from the factory explain these in more detail? possibly include pictures? I currently have a d-seal on order for my sofa/dinette slide but never did get an answer about whether it's needed for the other slides. Just because that's the only slide that had road water come through on the last trip does that mean the others are watertight? Or just that there wasn't as much standing water on that side of the lane? Are the corner blocks just for water coming from underneath? Or any water/air intrusion at the corners of the slides?

Uncle Rog

HK. good question, we have the same rig,3600RL, if they do not post pictures I hope you will. We have had no leaks, no rain either, our rig is #2825 and I can see some daylight at some of the slide corners. Now I am curious..........

Scott

I know we've addressed this in other forums, but I can't tell you how to get to them. Yes, we have continued to enhance our products over the years and we have added pieces to certain slide-out rooms to help keep water from penetrating the room during wet travel (when it's raining).
Note: It should be mentioned that we build thousands of coaches prior to this year the conventional way (an industry standard) which have had no problems with the slide seals.
Just because all slide rooms don't have the extra corner blocks (a new design provided to us from Lippert starting earlier this year) or the D-seal, it doesn't mean they are going to have issues. Most often, it is the adjustment of the slide room itself that prevents water penetration.
That is why when someone calls the factory, they are not simply told: "OK, we'll just send out some of these newer designs to you under warranty..."
If someone is having an issue with their slide room allowing water in - the first and foremost thing we are going to do is check the slide room and how it is sitting in the opening. Because the main slide room seals remain the same: double wipers on both sides and the top, and thicker, taller wipe across the bottom of the room. Again, this design has keep hundreds of thousands of RV slide out rooms dry, because it is the standard slide out wiper system in this industry and has been for years.
Just don't assume that any issue a coach has is because of the lack of the corner blocks or extra D-seal.
Do some people choose to purchase corner seals or additional d-seal? Yes, and they are welcome to do so.
FYI
ST

HappyKayakers

I just finished reviewing all the previous posts about this problem and it looks like, in most cases, everyone was told D seals and/or corner blocks. Only 1 dealer was cited for checking the adjustment of the slide. When I take my rig in for service next month, I'll make sure they check the adjustment.

C

Chulinw

I have a RL3400 and the bedroom leak real bad until the delaler change all the seals around it and then it stop. Now the slideout with the TV & computer desk is leaking real bad. The carpet got wet and still can not find out how the water is getting in again. Can some kind of adjustment be made to bring the slideout in more to insure that it is water tight?

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
We had the same places leaking on our RL3400 and found that the rain gutter near the front cap on the bed room side was not placed in it's proper place. This leak is now gone. We have had and I say have had a leak from the entertainment slide out for over a year with a number of ajustments along with Hearland adjusting it and and our local dealer adjusting a number of times and now I hope we have this leak taken care of. The dealer did a pressure water test to all of our slide out seals. Keep on this issue and someone will surely get the right adjustment. Hopefully time will be the answer. Heartland and my dealer did alot of phone calls for this problem. Good luck. Evans & Lana

HappyKayakers

Evans & Lana Waller said:
We had the same places leaking on our RL3400 and found that the rain gutter near the front cap on the bed room side was not placed in it's proper place. This leak is now gone. We have had and I say have had a leak from the entertainment slide out for over a year with a number of ajustments along with Hearland adjusting it and and our local dealer adjusting a number of times and now I hope we have this leak taken care of. The dealer did a pressure water test to all of our slide out seals. Keep on this issue and someone will surely get the right adjustment. Hopefully time will be the answer. Heartland and my dealer did alot of phone calls for this problem. Good luck. Evans & Lana

Where did you get the pressure water test done? I've heard of this but not sure how many dealers have the necessary equipment.

HappyKayakers

Uncle Rog said:
HK. good question, we have the same rig,3600RL, if they do not post pictures I hope you will. We have had no leaks, no rain either, our rig is #2825 and I can see some daylight at some of the slide corners. Now I am curious..........
OK, here's some pix. Please note the picture showing the actual seal installed on my unit. I originally requested the D seal, which Heartland shipped to Pharr RV. After putting that seal on, the techs decided that it wouldn't actually keep any water out and went with the different seal in a different location. The D Seal pictured is from a street side slide, my seal is from a door side slide.

Attachments

• CornerBlockFrontCorner.jpg
    CornerBlockFrontCorner.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 135
  • CornerBlockRearCorner.jpg
    CornerBlockRearCorner.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 123
  • DSeal.jpg
    DSeal.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 123
  • TheSealIGot.jpg
    TheSealIGot.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 119

svd

Thanks for posting the pictures. I have been staring at the corner block photo, I still don't quite get the orientation. I do have the corner blocks, but have not installed them yet. Our trailer is in storage so I haven't looked, but have been wondering if there might be a way to install an inner fender above the tires to keep the water from getting in from the road. I think Loco might have mentioned this too.

HappyKayakers

That first picture is a corner block on the front corner of the door side slide. Didn't get a separate picture but they were screwed in from the bottom. Not sure why the second picture thumbnail isn't showing now.