DOMETIC / RM2852 9999

DOMETIC / RM2862 9999

DOMETIC / RM3662 9999

DOMETIC / RM3663 9999

DOMETIC / RM3862 9999

DOMETIC / RM3863 9999

Recall Number: 06E076000
Summary:
CERTAIN DOMETIC TWO-DOOR REFRIGERATORS MANUFACTURED BETWEEN APRIL 1997 AND MAY 2003: SERIAL NOS. 713XXXXX THROUGH 752XXXXX; 801XXXXX THROUGH 852XXXXX; 901XXXXX THROUGH 952XXXXX; 001XXXXX THROUGH 052XXXXX; 101XXXXX THROUGH 152XXXXX; 201XXXXX THROUGH 252XXXXX; 301XXXXX THROUGH 319XXXXX, INSTALLED IN CERTAIN RECREATIONAL VEHICLES AS ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT AND SOLD AS AFTERMARKET EQUIPMENT. A FATIGUE CRACK MAY DEVELOP IN THE BOILER TUBE WHICH MAY RELEASE A SUFFICIENT AMOUNT OF PRESSURIZED COOLANT SOLUTION INTO AN AREA WHERE AN IGNITION SOURCE (GAS FLAME) IS PRESENT.
Consequence:
THE RELEASE OF COOLANT UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS COULD IGNITE AND RESULT IN A FIRE.
Remedy:
THE VEHICLE MANUFACTURERS WILL NOTIFY OWNERS OF RECREATIONAL VEHICLES THAT HAD THE REFRIGERATORS INSTALLED AS ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT AND DOMETIC WILL NOTIFY OWNERS OF THE AFTERMARKET REFRIGERATORS. DOMETIC HAS NOT YET PROVIDED THE AGENCY WITH A NOTIFICATION AND REMEDY SCHEDULE. OWNERS MAY CONTACT DOMETIC AT 888-446-5157.
Notes:
CUSTOMERS MAY CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

Cooper

patroit coach

Goldenwinger is your Patriot a Heartland product. I dont mean anything but I have not seen a Heartland Patriot did they make one. Thanks for the site.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
No Cooper it is made by Play-Mor and is a Toy hauler with a 10' garage in the rear, we intend to sell it soon and had planed to buy a Landmark but as for now I have some reservations about the Landmark so may have to look closer at the Bighorn 3670.
It's a shame as I really do like the Mt Rushmore and the Grand Canyon.

Don

Tom of Ypsi

Don, What are your reservations about the Mt Rushmore and the GC? We have a Mt Rushmore and really like it. Am I going to be an orphan and know nothing about it? Please tell.

Thanks Tom

jpmorgan37

Don;
I'll tell you after living in my Grand Canyon for over a year now, I don't have any regrets about the coach or the company. It is a good full timer RV and I will swear by the company. Have we had problems? Yes and we had them with our previous fivers. Has the company stood behind us? You bet they have. That's my two cents worth.

John

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Don, we have a 2005 Mt. Rushmore and we love it. Have had a few problems, but I have a friend who just bought a 2006 McKenzie and he has had problems also. I think the real test of being satisfied with any product is ,would you buy that brand of product again.And my answer is YES! No question.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Sorry, maybe reservations was the wrong word. Just thinking on the Bighorn instead. We have recently had a local dealer take on the Bighorn and with all it's upgrades and a lower price tag it may be the way to go for us.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Goldenwingers said:
Sorry, maybe reservations was the wrong word. Just thinking on the Bighorn instead. We have recently had a local dealer take on the Bighorn and with all it's upgrades and a lower price tag it may be the way to go for us.
I understand. A man has to do what is best for he and his family.

Cooper

Goldenwingers the only doubt I have on a Heartland product is the dealer service department. I have a Golden Gate and would buy another. Just pick your dealer carefully.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Thanks Cooper, Sheri and I took a trip to Knoxville Tn recently to meet Karen and Butch and to visit for a while in a Grand Canyon they had on their lot. They seem to have a good reputation on the forum and were both very pleasant to visit with. If we do this it will probably be with RV's For Less.

Thanks for the advice,
Don