M21 Touch-Up Paint

I have some chips in the white exterior paint of my 2010 EDGE M21, so I sent an email to Heartland customer service asking for touch-up paint information. They responded with a copy of a fax that appears to be one page of a multiple-page order or invoice. That page contains these clues: Diamont, Big Heart White, WH33507, plus several other numbers that may or may not refer to paint codes.

Went online and found Diamont paint providers but no matches for Big Heart White or WH33507. Please provide paint information adequate to locate and purchase the needed paint. Thank you.

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
The #'s provided to you are the only ones we have here. They are supplied by our vendor.

Thanks for the reply. Half the battle is won: confirming that the manufacturer, name and number are corrrect. The other half of the battle is finding out where I can get the paint: what is the name and contact information for your vendor?

I finally got meaningful answers from Matt Cameron in the Heartland parts dept. The paint is apparently a custom mix with 5 components, and you have to take the formula to a Diamont paint dealer to get a batch mixed up. I'd never heard of Diamont before this, have no idea where one might find a dealer. If I could find a dealer, there's probably a 1-quart minimum and it's probably pretty costly. All I need is about 4 ounces or a small spray can. Bottom line for me, and I suspect, most people, who get to this point is: the **** with it. Too much hassle and most likely, too costly. So, I'm going to remove the water heater door and take it down to the auto supply store and buy a spray can of the closest matching paint I can find.

Heartland, please take note. Virtually all buyers of your products are going to want touch-up paint sooner or later. Include a small container of the stuff with the rig or make it available for separate purchase - a new income source. I've wasted several hours of time pursuing the paint information only to find that the information is of little practical use. It's been a frustrating and irritating exercise and is definitely not in Heartland's best interests. You can do better than that. Can't you?

GOTTOYS

Bring the part to an automotive paint retailer. They can possibly do a scan and get it pretty close. I wouldn't rely on eyeballing it inside the store. The lighting, shadows etc will make it look different. They can also mix their brand of automotive paint using a cross reference to the Diamont brand if you bring them the info. That would be your best bet. The smallest quantity they will mix is usually a pint...Don