Bolt Tightening Torque Guide by grade (chart attached)

jpajax

Don't know if anyone has post this before but it would be a good thing to save for future references.

Attachments

• belttorque.pdf
    74.4 KB · Views: 157

jimtoo

Re: Helpful Chart

Thanks Jim,,,, good information. Now if people will just believe it and use it.

Jim M

Bighurt

I wonder what the torque on this plain 2 1/2 -5 bolt on my desk is...LOL

traveler44

Hi Jim! You can count the number of threads per inch and look it up on a tap and die chart or do like machinists do and carry a thread gauge. I worked as a diemaker for 40 years and the easiest way for me was to ask a machinist if it wasn't a real common screw or bolt. Now that I'm retired I would probably have to ask at the hardware store. Tom M.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Hi Jim! You can count the number of threads per inch and look it up on a tap and die chart or do like machinists do and carry a thread gauge. I worked as a diemaker for 40 years and the easiest way for me was to ask a machinist if it wasn't a real common screw or bolt. Now that I'm retired I would probably have to ask at the hardware store. Tom M.

Thanks for the professional info. Always wondered about that.

jimtoo

There are a whole lot of Jim's that are Heartland Owners. And we are all great guys :D,,, well almost all of us are great guys... :D :D

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

It is weird because it seems like everytime I meet someone their name is Jim. It's just a great nameLOL