washer/dryer

davebennington

Hi,

We are 5er wannabees and have looked at several brands, that include Carriage, Mobile Suites, and at the last show we came accross that Heartland/Landmark that impressed us most of all. Our question is this:
In all of the other brands the washer & dryer could be a stacked unit which my wife likes (not availabe in the Landmark) can any of you tell us if the new combo unit does a good job with the washing and drying, we have heard of the older unit not preforming very well.

Thanks

Dave & Julie:)

J

Jeff

Washer Dryer Combo!

Hi Dave:

Welcome to Heartland Owners Forum!

We hope you find the Landmarks to be a superior product over the competition.

Jim Beletti and I both have Landmarks and made similar observations. The stackable units are nice, but have about the same capacity as the Splendide Model. I guess the only real difference is in the Dryer being separate from the Washer. The really nice thing about the Splendide is you can basically set and forget. Put a load of clothes in, set to Automatic and when you return from your camping adventures, your clothes will be washed and dryed.

To really help answer this question, I'm gonna defer it to one of our other members, who has first hand experience with the unit in his Heartland. Dr. Charles Carver.

I know he'll respond and give you good information.

Hope this has helped. I hope you keep Heartland at the Top of your list.

Thanks again.

Jeff

drcarver

Splendide 2100

Sorry it took me a while to respond. I've been out. My wife loves the Splendide 2100. It does a tremendous job! The loads are small but unless you are depending on your onboard gray water tank it is not a problem to do a load every day. We went on a 2 week trip and my wife did not have to do laundry when we got home.

The ONLY problem we have had was mostly our fault. The high speed spin of the Splendide does shake the RV a little. We were doing a load while away from the RV and our oil and vinegar container shook off the table and caused a terrible mess on our carpet. We used the Oxyclean product with a small battery opperated DeWalt wet/dry vac and it came right up.

nemo45

Anyone ever had a combo-matic washer-drier? Or, maybe you've heard something about them.These would eliminate having to put in a drier vent as they use a condensation method to vent the drier through the drain line. They have them at Camping World and are about the same price as the Splendide's. There are no ratings for this product in Camping World's web site.

Attachments

• IMG_3279.jpg
    IMG_3279.jpg
    839.2 KB · Views: 2
J

Jeff

Combo Matic!

Hi Don:

I personally talked to a Splendide Technician in Oregon a few months ago.

He recommended getting the vented version vs. the non-vented for 5th wheel applications.

The Condesation drying works well, just that it takes about twice as long to dry the clothes. And you use alot more water in the process, which fills up your grey water tank faster.

If you haven't purchased a Washer yet, you can also look at Campers Choice. I got the Splendide 2100 from them for $885.00, plus $45.00 freight. Still beat Camping World by I think $50.00. http://www.camperschoice.com/Product.cfm?ProductGroupId=2058

I will be installing my Washer here in the next 3 weeks, as soon as the weather warms up a little. I will fully document the vent installation as well.

Hope this helps.

Take Care.

Jeff

nemo45

The President's Club price at Camping World for the small capacity Splendide right now is $854.10 plus shipping. This is a sale price. Even though I don't have my 3400RL yet I probably should buy one now. But, my shed's pretty full with the stuff took out of my Wildcat.

Tom of Ypsi

Jeff, Can you tell us if your rig is already vented or are you going to cut a hole in your rig for the dryer vent. Mine is not vented and I will have to take a close look to see what kind of a job that entails. Also I am checking out LG washer/dryer combos. This couple I have been conversing with are full timers with a dog and child and have a ventless model with no problems. The LG"s are a little bigger in capacity, she can wash her duvet plus a couple of other things in one load. The rpms are higher but it does use a little more water. Weight is about the same as with the H, L, W.
There is another couple that is going to use just a washer in the w/d spot and put a dryer next to the bed and vent it out the side. She is going to let meknow how that project turns out when done. They are also Landmark owners so it should be interesting.
Tom

J

Jeff

Washer Combo!

Hi Tom and Don:

No, my Heartland is not vented yet. I have been talking to the Splendide Folks and have a perfect location for the vent.

Accordingly, the Vent will go to the outside wall of my Golden Gate. That way the Flapper door will stay closed when the dryer is not in use. Otherwise, venting beneath the trailer, next to the Hitch, will cause the Flapper to always be open, thus allowing a place for little woodland creatures to get into your unit.

The outside wall on the Golden Gate is easy to get too from inside the Washer Closet. And there are no major systems behind the wall to impede putting the vent thru.

DON:

The price from Camping World is good. But, the problem is, unless they have it in stock, they are gonna charge you another $89.00 for shipping on top the presidents club price. So, if you decide on Splendide and Camping World make sure they have one in stock, or you'll get zapped an extra $89.00. Doesn't make sense to me, but, that's the way they do business. They also charge $160.00 to install it. (Too much in my book) 2 guys can put one in, in a couple of hours.

Watch for the updates, I'll post detailed pictures on how I installed mine.

You all take Care.

Jeff

Peteyx

Re: Washer Combo!

There is one other reason to NOT get a non-vented dryer; all the heat for drying the clothes is pumped into the room where the dryer is located. That could make it very uncomfortable.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: Washer Combo!

There is one other reason to NOT get a non-vented dryer; all the heat for drying the clothes is pumped into the room where the dryer is located. That could make it very uncomfortable.

This topic has come up more recently than this. You were responding to a thread that ended 5 years ago.