Antenna add on ??

imchud

Just wondering if you guys knew of any add-on antennas that would add on to the existing standard RV Antenna or a replacement that actually worked?/ Our TV keeps losing the signal and the park doesn't have cable - we are on a wooded lot so satellite won't work.
any ideas??/

DougAndJudy

I just replaced our antenna tek wing antenna with a Winegard Sensar IV replacement head. It was about $53 at CW. It has a built in amp that uses the bedroom switch, same as the original. I just unpinned the original from the two square tubes that raise the antenna and the Winegard went right in its place. Attach the coax and you're done.

The antenna works well!

Rrloren

Has anyone used the Jack TV antenna?
Doug , is the Winegard getting reception where you previously could not get it? Have you found that the picture stays in better? Any details you can provide would help.
We just left a State campground that only had 1 or 2 channels that we could pickup and they kept freezing up. The area was wide open, no trees anywhere so I was surprised we couldn't get better reception since several towns were only 7 - 10 miles away.. Just looking to see if an improved unit is available.

DougAndJudy

I was not getting any reception from the Antenna Tek - but that was due to 2 things: I believe the antenna itself was bad; and the coax cables in the ceiling were poorly installed. So I can't really compare performance of the antennas, but I can confirm that the Winegard can be installed in place of the Antenna Tek.

PeternLiane

We use the Jack TV antenna. We tried the Winegard Wingman it worked but that's it. I read about the Jack TV antenna in Trailer Life magazine. It was 59 bucks. I just spent 30 bucks on the Wingman. But, I returned it and purchased the Jack TV antenna. Now I can say the Jack TV antenna is the best thing that my wife and I have ever purchased for our trailer. Once we put the Jack on (which took 15 minutes) our TV reception was amazing. I highly recommend the Jack TV antenna!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We replaced our antenna head with the Jack about two years ago....we too think it's the "best thing since sliced bread"...work great!! They actually have a new version that replaces the entire antenna and is only about 12" high...doesn't need to raised or lowered and has a signal meter built in....