Need Help Quick

jdoddharm

I have a Eagle Ridge 35qsqb and we are camping and I filled up my freshwater tank and when I turn the pump on it pushes water out of the city water connection. Can anybody tell me why it is doing this?

jnbhobe

Sounds like the check valve in the city water connection is broken or out of place. If it is not located there it may have a check valve at the pump. Screwing a plug into the fresh water connection will fix the problem temporally

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The check valve at the fresh water fitting should have a small plastic or brass tab sticking out in the center. It should be out, not in. Try pressing it in and see if there's solid spring tension to push it back out. Incoming water pressure forces the piston (the tab) in to open the valve. No incoming water or a reverse flow, and the piston closes (tab sticking out). If it just kinda sits there or seems really weak, replace it. You may have to remove a small filter screen at the port to see the check valve tab.

1231ChaseB

I had my check valve blow right out on the ground, screen and all ! I bought a good brass shut off valve that you might put on the end of a garden hose that has the little ball valve in it ! That's going to be permanent and heck with worrying about it blowing out again !
chaseb

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Or, for about $50 and a little elbow grease, you could put one of these in your UDC. No worries about anything backflowing where it shouldn't. And there is now a brass check valve in the black tank flush port, as well.

View attachment 9999