Looking for info on Cabela's/PA

tomjanej

Anyone know if Cabela's in Hamburg PA allows overnight RV parking? I checked their web site -- 'RV parking and dump station' but doesn't say anything about overnight. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think your best bet would be to make a phone call to that store. Cabela's might allow it but a local ordinance might override that.

Peace
Dave

rjr6150

Anyone know if Cabela's in Hamburg PA allows overnight RV parking? I checked their web site -- 'RV parking and dump station' but doesn't say anything about overnight. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

We do allow parking in the lot. The town does have restrictions but have never bothered anyone in our lot. There is no electric but we do have a dump station open during store hours. Enjoy the store and buy fly fishing anything else I can do let me know. Oh by the way if you run out the awning and setup the BBQ you must invite Donna as she informed me. Reason I'm rather knowledgeable is I work out of the Corp office and just called our store

tomjanej

Thanks, Randy and all --- We're headed for Dover NASCAR the end of the month and thought we might include a stop at Cabela's (LOVE that place).
Last trip of the season before storage. :(

truknutt

Committed Member
We do allow parking in the lot. The town does have restrictions but have never bothered anyone in our lot. There is no electric but we do have a dump station open during store hours. Enjoy the store and buy fly fishing anything else I can do let me know. Oh by the way if you run out the awning and setup the BBQ you must invite Donna as she informed me. Reason I'm rather knowledgeable is I work out of the Corp office and just called our store

How's that for a helpful bunch of people?!!!!!

jimtoo

Cabela's is a store I hate.:D... everytime I go I spend money on things I like.. I don't even camp there and I still go to the store... Last time I went it cost me over $500 before I could get out the door.... They should not allow any store to have that much influence on you... It is just wrong.... or maybe,,, I should not like the things they have for sale...guns, clothes... camping stuff... all kinds of cool toys for big boys.... Oh nooo.. I feel another trip coming on....Yep... will be hitting Cabela's on the 25th... got it marked on the calendar already... got to buy a wedding gift...and they are not registered there,,, but they will just have to make do with something from Cabela's. And it's a 140 mile drive to nearest store...I might just camp there this time...

caissiel

Now I have someone to thank for the night stay we had last May.
We did spend more then we wanted to.
It is easy to spend money there.

I once broke down in front of there 3 years ago and was very well served by the local towing company, even provided me with parts from his whole sale supplier.

Hamburg is a lovely town to visit, as my wife realy enjoyed her day there while I had my truck fixed.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My wife doesnt allow me to go into Cabella's unless I am wearing hand cuffs.
Life is tough.

Peace
Dave

rjr6150

All next time they have a Friends and Family weekend will post a notice. This will allow you to purchase at employee cost typically I have 10 cards to send out. We should have one coming up before christmas.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
All next time they have a Friends and Family weekend will post a notice. This will allow you to purchase at employee cost typically I have 10 cards to send out. We should have one coming up before christmas.

Why dont we just have a rally in a Cabela parking lot.

That way none of us, especially me, needs to feel rushed when we go in. We will have 3 days of walking around in the store to pick out what we really 'need".

jimtoo

Why dont we just have a rally in a Cabela parking lot.

That way none of us, especially me, needs to feel rushed when we go in. We will have 3 days of walking around in the store to pick out what we really 'need".

There is NO WAY I could stay there 3 days....can't even afford to stay 1 day.... I just visit by the hour..:D

rjr6150

Well in that case your all invited to our Sidney, Ne. store where we have a FHU campground on the property. Jim B how about the 2012 Rally site?

ct0218

The store in Hamburg is really nice. We stopped and spent most of a day there in May. I do wish that Cabela's would open some stores in the SE though! I do order out of their catalogs and online, but it's nice to see and touch some merchandise before buying.