Fuel System Timer quit on me?

davelinde

I have not used the fuel pump since I tested it two years ago when we bought the unit We do keep gas in the tank for the genny.

Today I needed some gas for our lawn mower and thought, hey! I've got some over there. However, the timer switch seemed a bit "sticky" and even after I got it to operate the timer would not come on?

What's up? Seems like yet another switch on my Cyclone just quit on me? This is getting old.

davelinde

Did you put fuel minder in the fuel? Maybe you now have gum if it is 2 years old.

I always add Stabil when I add fuel. I don't think gum would cause the timer to fail though? It's the timer switch that's sticky and the light won't come on. I'm assuming the pump itself is fine and it's the timer that quit? I have not pulled the panel yet to even see what all is back there.

truknutt

Committed Member
right... that is the switch (in the coach, not by the nozzle) that is a little sticky now and it does not light the red timer light any more.

Can't you pull out the switch and just jump across the terminals to see if it is defective?

davelinde

Can't you pull out the switch and just jump across the terminals to see if it is defective?
I have not gotten the motivation to pull the panel yet, but I will. I was fishing here for what anyone else has found or warnings about stuff I might break. I hate to make a problem worse due to my ignorance.

I'm hoping that's just some kind of momentary contact single pole switch? If so it would be easy to jump and test. I'm guessing the timer is a circuit board of some kind? Presumably more reliable than the switch.

So yep... seems like the next step is pulling the panel (with all the other doo-dads attached...) and poking at it.

At least the genny still runs (tested that even though I assumed it was unrelated)... but if I don't fix the fuel station Murphy's law will mean I'll need fuel for something important soon...