Greystone floor uneven around bed, modification

jheitman

I found an easy way to help with the foot space on the forward side of the queen bed.
See attached pdf file for description and pictures.

I hope this is helpful if you are having trouble getting around the forward side of the bed.

jim

Attachments

• Greystone Bedroom Floor Modification.pdf
    501.9 KB · Views: 63

SilverRhino

Our previous fifth wheel ( SOB ) had the same type of setup......sure wish I had thought of your solution when we had it!

Nice simple fix for what could be a real "trip" hazard. Great Job!

albertr

I am just trying to come up with a similiar solution for 'my' side of the bed. I am thinking of making a platform that is about 6'' high and 12" wide X about 32" long. This will make it a lot easier to get in and out a few times during the night like a lot of us older guys have to do. The so called laundry chute will be covered but that is not a bad thing. Any ideas? Thanks...Al

jheitman

I am just trying to come up with a similiar solution for 'my' side of the bed. I am thinking of making a platform that is about 6'' high and 12" wide X about 32" long. This will make it a lot easier to get in and out a few times during the night like a lot of us older guys have to do. The so called laundry chute will be covered but that is not a bad thing. Any ideas? Thanks...Al

Maybe you just make a small length platform, long enough for you to get your feet on getting out of bed, and get turned away from the wall, and then make the step down before the laundry chute. YOur going to have to step down sometime, no use making the platform any longer than necessary. Hope this thought helps some.

jim

JJnLilly

That is neat. I agree that it would be best if Greystone extended the floor to the edge of the bed. Not only is it a pain when exiting or entering the bed, but it would certainly help in making the bed!