Where is the battery disconnect panel?

jimtoo

Hi Fred,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think Heartland installs a battery disconnect switch on any of the units.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jbeletti

Fred,

I believe jimtoo is correct - that there is no battery disconnect on the North Trail product. We do have them on a few of our 16 brands - typically on the brands with Hydraulic Landing Gear (Landmark, Bighorn and Cyclone).

That said, this is an easy and great DIY upgrade.

Jim

bozo

I am trying to locate the battery disconnect panel on my North Trail 26RKS. Thanks

Had to add one on my North Trail 21FBS. It works great in that it keeps everything from runing the battery down while in storage. It is not a hard upgrade and you can get one at Camping World. Good luck and Happy Camping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bozo

chrispitude

Had to add one on my North Trail 21FBS. It works great in that it keeps everything from runing the battery down while in storage. It is not a hard upgrade and you can get one at Camping World. Good luck and Happy Camping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bozo, where did you locate it?

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Bozo, where did you locate it?

I mounted mine on the battery..... I had 2 remote type (red key type lever) fail, the battery mount has a larger surface contact area for a better solid electrical connection.

Attachments

• batDC.jpg
    batDC.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

RollingHome

Battery disconnects are available at most marine supplies because most boats use em. Mount it away from the battery for safety reasons (arks & acid fumes are exciting). One advantage to having one is... if you accidently trip your brake break away switch you can "unlock" your brakes to move the rig by turning off the switch. Conversely, if one forgets to engage the battery the brake break away switch is disabled and won't work... SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT, HUH ?

bozo

chrispitude, I mounted mine outside the battery box. You can get a marine model for $30-$50.00 at BassPro or any marine store. I wanted a key type it has a large red plastic key to turn it off and on with about $20.00 at a auto parts store. It is not weather proof so I mounted it on the frame rail that the battery box sits on in a weather proof box.

bozo

jimtoo

If you have a Tractor Supply Store close by,, they have them also. I think they have a good selection and not to expensive.

I used a marine grade switch (Perko) on my 28RLS. Mounted it on the tongue. Works great. If not in the 'ON' position, need to consider the Brake Break Away switch will not engage, and also the fact that if you won't be charging the battery while in transit.