1/2 inch drive torque wrench

sgtbigb

For those who need one, I saw an ad in Sundays Newspaper that Harbor Freight is selling a 1/2 inch torque wrench for $9.99. Lifetime warranty,:angel:

porthole

Retired
There is a reason while a decent quality 1/2" drive torque wrench will cost 75-200 bucks and this one is only 10.

I would suggest looking at several models that Sears sells. They have good reviews and are reasonable when compared to Snap On or Mac.
I like the digital models and have seen them on sell at up $75 dollars off.

SilverRhino

I am very careful about buying things from HF. My theory is and will continue to be to look at purchases there as being for "disposable" or single use items. Anything dealing with close tolerences or measurements.....you get what you pay for!

Just my observationss.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
HF is good for stuff like tarps, nitrile gloves and hand tools that won't make you cry if you drop them in the lake. A caveat to that is the 14" Woodworking Bandsaw I bought there a few years ago on sale for $200. It ain't fancy, but it does what I need it to. But $10 for 1/2" drive torque wrench, I dunno. As mentioned, you really need to look closely at what it is you're getting for your $10.

caissiel

If you don't abuse a bar type torque wrench, it will be more reliable then any other unit. I have been using one for the past 35 years.

Rebuild 4 engines, replaced head gaskets including diesels, and replaced many clutches with mine.

If you torque beyond the scale or use it as a bar it will be unreliable.

Still use it to check my trailer nuts

convert

Reginald Hromek
I own one of these $9.99 torque wrenches and it works as well as my craftsman. The readings are the same and if you have a problem the warranty is as good as Sears craftsman. Can't go wrong for the price. Torque the wheels often no problem.