How should I clean the carpet

tracy

I would like to know the carpet and couch should be clean,I have a steam cleaner and a shampooer and I don't know which would be better.When I do the carpet in my home I use both.And for the furniture I scrub it my hand and use the steam cleaner to pull out the dirt.What do you suggest?:

jimtoo

Hi tracy,

I would do it just like you do at home. I personally have never used a steam cleaner, but have used a shampooer with good results.

I moved this thread to the interior area so more people could answer also.

Jim M

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
This is a question I have always had in the back of my mind too! We often use a carpet shampoo machine at home but they do put a lot of moisture into the carpet and pad. I have always been afraid to use it in an RV because I know the flooring in our Big Country is OSB plywood that does not hold up well when wet!

Rrloren

I use the shampoo machine but do not pull the trigger for extra water in the trailer.
Does a good job.

Northern Virginia
We bought the basic Bissell steam cleaner at K Mart and the results were really good. I would not want to do my whole house with this machine as it would take forever but it worked good in the RV. The carpet looked new when I was done.

John

Last edited:

MC9

At our park in AZ we have Clean Sweep come in at least once a winter (in addition to my touch-ups). A bunch of us sign up at the same time and Henry does your whole rig for 30 bucks.

tracy

well I shampooed and steam clean the carpet and it turned out great, looks brand new the furniture came out pretty good to but I can see some fading from the sun.Just have to remember to close the shades