Having trouble with tv/ dvd in NT31BDSS

Blackcloud

I'm trying to figure out how to get sound from the RADIO/DVD player through the TV speakers. When the TV is turned around in the bedroom you can't hear the DVD without using the radio speakers outside the bedroom. Am I missing something?

I was also having the same problem in my 2011 28brs--if was using the antenna or cable input--sound through the tv is good--but when watching a dvd--no sound through the tv, just the roof speakers--i took everthing apart and found that the dvd player does not have RCA outputs to the tv for sound--that maybe your problem and there is nothing you can do--the dvd player is just cheap

Blackcloud

Thanks for the reply. I had what I thought was a bad radio (A and B speakers were not working C speakers sounded awful) so I pulled out the radio to check to see if the speakers were wired to the radio, they were. When I got the radio out I saw that "no A and B" was written on the back of the radio with a shapie marker. The dealer ordered me a new radio. When I hooked up the new radio I still had the same problem..... I pulled out the wiring diagram and all the speakers were wired wrong. Fixed that issue and I also noticed there are no RCA's for the TV. If I figure out a way to get sound to the TV, I will post the mod.

tf5598

Trying to figure this out as well.

It's hard for me to believe that someone would design it this way...I'll be tuned in to see if anyone figures this out. Thanks

olyfire

I have the same problem. We have a 2010 32BUDS North Trail and no sound from the TV when playing a DVD. We have one of those great touch radio - DVD players, whole other story.
It will be interesting to see if someone does have a solution. When we want to watch a movie in bed we use one of our laptops.

pegmikef

Here's a post I just left on a similar thread (No sound on TV, . . . ). One thought comes to mind. Something you might try is isolating a pair (left/right) of the speaker wires (they are colored coded on the touch audio schematic), tap into them and create another set of audio cables that you can run to the audio in plugs on your TV. The audio line drop probably wouldn't be noticeable because of the short distances involved. You can probably get anything you need at Radio Shack for a few bucks. You have to be careful though because this would probably affect your warranty.