RIP Cagney, our Blue & Gold Macaw

porthole

Retired
Since it came up on another thread - we are very sad to report here that our Cagney suddenly passed away August 27. He was a wonderful companion who was with us since he was four months old. He had just turned 13 this past July.

It was our two Golden Retrievers and Cagney that got us into camping. Not wanting to leave our pets for a week or two at time in the care of others, we decided to buy our first trailer, so they could go away with us.

The crew loved their adventures and were always with us when traveling by RV. The critters were a deciding factor in buying a toy hauler instead of a conventional 5th wheel.

Cagney was quite the character and had quite a personalty. He truly was member of our family.

The second picture below was from the HL rally in PA in 2009. It had rained and our one golden is storm phobic. If bad enough we have to medicate her.

"Misty" is basically out of it here and Cagney, with his typical antics, had covered the dog with his newspapers. After which he climbed down and removed all the papers.
He then proceeded to preen Misty for almost an hour. Softly stroking her legs and side as if to say "It's OK Misty, the storm will be over soon.

Attachments

• D30_4897_b.JPG
    D30_4897_b.JPG
    535.1 KB · Views: 26
  • D30_4915_b.JPG
    D30_4915_b.JPG
    555.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Yianni

Duane,
Really sorry to read this. They become a family member and bring you so much joy over the years it's very hard when they're gone.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Sorry to hear about your loss! We lost our "Chulo" (cockapoo) recently after 16 years. Toughest decision I ever had to make was letting the vet put him down. They truly are family!

Best Wishes!

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Debbie and Duane, I am very sorry to hear about cagney I know how close you can can get to your pets. I bet the goldens will miss him too. Kathy

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sorry to hear about your bird, Duane. Having had cats for 35 of the 37 years we've been married, I've been down that dark road more than once, that final trip to the vet. Never gets any easier.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Debbie and Diane,
Debbi and I are saddened by your loss. Sounded like Cagney had a great personality and when we actually meet, you can tell us some more good stories.