Looking for new tires for the TV

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually 4x4 has E rated, LT215/85/R16 Firestone Transforce HT tires on it right now. Hauling an Elk Ridge, max 14000 lbs.

We need new tires. Anyone have a recommendation?:confused:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I couldn't give you a reason to change from the Firestones. I have them on my truck which, by the way, is the same as yours. I'm very happy with them.

jnbhobe

The Transforce HT is a very good tire. Just watch the load capacity of whatever you look at along with the tread design

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jon,

I don't mean to be dense, what am I supposed to look for in tread design?

TT

DW_Gray

I don't know if they are available for your truck, but I have ordered General Tire Grabber HTS. It has great reviews from owners and CR rates it the best. If I could afford them right now, Michelin LTX M/S2 would be my first choice.

jnbhobe

Jon,

I don't mean to be dense, what am I supposed to look for in tread design?

TT

What I mean is do you want a summer type tread or an all terrain type. I use a summer type because the truck is only used to tow in good weather

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Another consideration for tread design is the highway tread is normally quieter. Aggressive treads normally are load and get louder.

PUG

Pug
Have run most all tire companies tires and I only go now with Michelin. They ride better, better traction, quieter and if you wait for Costco sales you can pick them up as good or better than other tires.