Hose bib in bathroom

patrick1945

I am considering placing a hose bib behind the toilet to use when cleaning the bowl. I would like a short (probably flexible) hose with nozzle.

What input is out there.

thank you
Pat

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Pat, you can unscrew the aerator from the sink faucet and screw in a hose adapter for temporary use. Easier than running a new water line.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I am considering placing a hose bib behind the toilet to use when cleaning the bowl. I would like a short (probably flexible) hose with nozzle.

What input is out there.

thank you
Pat
I was considering doing something similar. I have seen SOB's with a "sink sprayer" attachment in the poop room and it seems like that would be a nice option to have available for cleaning the bowl. Any other use would be up to the user. Cold water only right? There is a conversion available from Sealand that changes out the valve in the flusher to add a sprayer. I'll try to find the info and reply later. Here is a link.

Rrloren

I had one in my Kountry Star TT and it is a very nice feature. Thought about it for my 5th wheel but haven;t done it yet.
I thought all that would be needed would be to put a T in the water line near the toilet then clamp on the sprayers hose.

jolar3329

The camping supply stores sell a fitting to replace the one that is currently behind the toilet. This fitting has a nipple for the supplied hose and nozzle. Costs around $70.

SmokeyBare

I would suggest changing the fitting behind the Toilet, called a Vacuum breaker as Jolar3329 suggested.

With the proper vaccum breaker and spray hose, Water pressure would ONLY be at the spray head when the toilet valve is operated. This reduces the risk of having a hose or spray head leak as it might with constant water pressure at the spray head all the time.

Do the Grand kids visit? They Luv to Play in the water... and oh look !! This thing sprays a Loooooong Looooooong Way !

Marv

nscaler2

We had our dealer install the hose spray kit a long time ago. I would have done it myself, but my track record with repairing or updating plumbing is terrible. So I let the dealer do it. One of the best investments that we have made in our BH. I don't know if it is the real reason, but we have never had trouble with the toilet leaking water out of the bowl. We use the hose to rinse after every use that needs toilet paper. It works great. It's too bad it's not a regular feature on these units.
I was considering doing something similar. I have seen SOB's with a "sink sprayer" attachment in the poop room and it seems like that would be a nice option to have available for cleaning the bowl. Any other use would be up to the user. Cold water only right? There is a conversion available from Sealand that changes out the valve in the flusher to add a sprayer. I'll try to find the info and reply later. Here is a link.

JohnDar

OK, why not just keep a toilet brush in a container next to the throne? If there's any sewer minnows hanging around after the flush, just add some water to the bowl via the pedal, use the brush, and voila, the bait's on it's way out. While you're at it, you can use the brush to quick clean the ball valve seal and rinse the brush at the same time. I won't say my stuff don't stink, but it doesn't stick so badly that I need a water cannon to get it out of the bowl. Can't say I've seen a need to install or want a spray wand next to the toilet. The brush does the job for me.

This from the guy who apparently first introduced the term "sewer trout" to these genteel forums.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
FYI - In our 'Classic' Landmarks the toilet sprayer came standard. We use ours all the time for a quick clean up or just to rinse out the bowl. Guess you could use it to clean your backside but I haven't tried that yet.LOL

JohnDar

FYI - In our 'Classic' Landmarks the toilet sprayer came standard. We use ours all the time for a quick clean up or just to rinse out the bowl. Guess you could use it to clean your backside but I haven't tried that yet.LOL

Oh man, now you're thinking about a self-induced power wash enema. Really time to cut down on the fiber. Or chew some Semtex gum.

Ray LeTourneau

I think I remember mentioning the part about the water being COLD?

Ray LeTourneau

OK, why not just keep a toilet brush in a container next to the throne? If there's any sewer minnows hanging around after the flush, just add some water to the bowl via the pedal, use the brush, and voila, the bait's on it's way out. While you're at it, you can use the brush to quick clean the ball valve seal and rinse the brush at the same time.
We do have a bowl brush and use it often. Although I sometimes wish the handle were longer. ;-)

porthole

Retired
Our Sunnybrook had the sprayer and it was a great addition. The Cyclone will have it eventually. Rather have the sprayer then having a dirty brush laying around.

BTW, although the SOB had the valve that only allowed the nozzle to work when the pedal was pushed, I changed that to constant pressure to allow a better spray. But I also added a shutoff valve to the Tee that fed the hose.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
No need to add the spray nozzle. Use the wives toothbrush to clean out the commode stuff, always rinse it off real good after using it.
And my wife does not read this forum!!!

RollingHome

Like Tom & Bobbi we had the dealer install a kitchen sink sprayer when we bought our unit on the wall behind the comode. Under $50.00 and it is super. Super easy to clean the bowl and works very well. Much better then the wife's toothbrush as others have siggested. JMHO.

JohnDar

We use one of these around the house when we need to give someone a warm shower (the dogs or a really muddy little boy, for example) on the deck: View attachment 10406

http://www.rebelbrewer.com/shoppingcart/products/Faucet-Hose-Adapter.html//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/pencil.png

That's the adapter I was talking about. I keep one in the bathroom cabinet in the BH and have a length of clear plastic tubing with a male & female end so I can use a toilet wand, if need be.