Breaks in vinyl flooring

patrick1945

I have 2 breaks in the vinyl flooring in my 3055. One is in front of the shower and the other is to the left of the toilet bowl where our feet have never touched.

There was something under the vinyl that has caused the problem. I am hoping that there is some kind of sealer than I can apply which will stabilize the problem. I will remove whatever I can find under the vinyl first...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You might try a vinyl seam sealer from a flooring store. Use some vinyl flooring adhesive under the edges of the vinyl to hold it down.

GOTTOYS

This is a very common problem in RVs. I have had 3 of them crack. It's not from something under the floor and gluing it won't be much help. The vinyl is usually loose laid on the platform and the walls and cabinets are built upon it. There most likely is no glue holding it in place which wouldn't help anyway. When real cold weather sets in the vinyl contracts. Sometimes it will then crack and sometimes it will stretch and leave bubbles when it warms up or it might do both. The only real cure I have found is to cut the old flooring out around the perimeter and loose lay a new piece in place allowing it to "float". Hold it down around the perimeter with a 1/4 round molding. Now when the weather changes it will be able to move and won't get stretched and break. This is a very common problem with trailers in very cold climates. Heartland has installed a different more rubbery type of flooring in my new BC that is not supposed to be damaged by the cold.