Broken Awning

We love our new Cyclone 3010 BUT on our second night out we had a couple of hours of steady rain and suddenly a huge crash. The awning had ripped off the camper on one side and the top ripped off. It is an electric awning and it is suppose to automatically dump water. I have never had an electric awning so this is my first experience with one. (I'm not impressed so far!)Has anyone else had these problems?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Ours is supposed to dump the water too. But we always put it in as we don't trust that feature.

Vtxkid

We have a 2011 3010HD with the electric awning. I was told from the dealer the 3010's do not have rain sensors and will not roll up on their own if it should rain. You do have the ability to pull down one side and tighten the knob so that the awning is angled if needed. Some Class "A" RV's that I know of, do have the rain sensor but not all electric awnings are made equal!!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My electric awning does not have the adjustable arm, but it seems to naturally drain to the front of the rig when level. Had some pretty good rains and no loading of the awning. When the motor died (fortunately, awning was retracted), I wanted the adjustable arm retrofit done with the warranty replacement of the motor. I was told that some models could not be retrofitted with the adjustable arm. Lucky me, mine was one of them.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your awning may not have the auto dump. If your dealer said it did, you should have a talk with him and ask why it didn't work, or if it in fact even has that feature.
As Vtxkid said, you may have to lower one side and tighten a knob.

Peace
Dave

cableman

Had mine fold in the middle a couple weeks ago. I thought I had it tilted enough, " I was wrong." We had it replaced with a carefree awning and really like the new one. Ours was not an electric one and I will tilt it alot more in the rain if I don't roll it up altogether.