tire's & leaks

artsbighorn

hi y'all,
i just had my brake's, suspension, &tire's all worked on. we have about 4000 miles on our 2008 bighorn 3670RL.all was in good shape except the 4 china bombs. all 4 had major bulges on the inside,so i had to replace them.no blowout's Y'aaaaaaa.
My other problem is i just found water damage in my curb side slideout on the front bottom edge and dryrot. Has anyone had this problem and what is best fix?

Thank's
Art

2010augusta

here are a few of the threads on this topic: for more just search for delamination.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/12248-Slide-Floor-De-lamination

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/17590-exterior-slide-floors-raw-plywood-edges-wicking-water

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/15252-Extensive-delamination

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/15587-Slide-Delamination

and my fix.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/15265-9.00-to-prevent-slide-floor-de-lamination

enjoy reading.

artsbighorn

thank's for the come back.it was all good info.we really do love our bighorn and i would buy one again.we all have thing's like this,you just have to deal with them.
THANK'S MUCH
Art

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Which brand of tires are we talking about? I'm thinking that when someone has a problem with a "China Bomb" that they should name the bomb maker.

KL7j

hi y'all,
i just had my brake's, suspension, &tire's all worked on. we have about 4000 miles on our 2008 bighorn 3670RL.all was in good shape except the 4 china bombs. all 4 had major bulges on the inside,so i had to replace them.no blowout's Y'aaaaaaa.
Art

Glad you caught the tire bulges.

I picked up a new BH that we ordered and found the tires under inflated. I inflated them to max ratings after a few miles traveld and wanting to retighten the lug nuts, decided to check pressures and put on my Doran TPMS. The Doran reported them not at proper 110 lbs. I pulled into an air pump and inflated them. Two days later alarms went off. Two tires under inflated. Filled them up again cold and went two more days. Alarms again.

Went to Les Schwab and had them all removed and checked under water. Two had leaking stems! Reason was the stems were not tightened adequately.

They tighten them and now 4000 miles later and over the Alaskan Highway, they are still properly inflated.

Makes me wonder just how many are under inflated leaving the dealers, or slowly leaking stems and causing many issues.

I was told by the dealer's shop all tires had been checked and aired up properly, interesting they did not know the Goodyear 614's required 110 lbs when asked :(