Booth Dinette for Bighorn?

adcruise

Greetings guys. I have two questions, first strictly for the factory:
1. We had a deal worked out to purchase a new BH 3585RL equipped as we wanted and to be ordered from the factory. The sales contract was to be faxed to me last week, today I called and asked why it was not and why no contact. I was told "Heartland just told me there is a price increase on that unit and we cannot afford to sell it to you at the price quoted" Is this true? Did Heartland raise their prices?

2. Can anyone... anyone, post or send me a photo of a booth dinette in a BH? Can we get one done in leather matching the sofa and chairs in a Godiva interior?

Thanks, hoping to still get our 3585 but may have to start working with another dealer out of our local area.

David

adcruise

Re: Question For Factory

Follow up. Just got off the phone with the Factory, seems there was no price increase... my dealer lied to me... go figure, an RV salesman who lies to a customer. I would never have though that :rolleyes: Now if anyone does have a photo please share, factory says they don't have one.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
adcruise, I must admit, I have never seen a booth dinette in a Bighorn. I know it's an available option but I think the cushions would be the same fabric as the sofa. For us, the booth style was one of the most uncomfortable places to sit. We've had many trailers with the booth. In fact, we had a Jayco that I replaced the booth dinette with a pub style table and swivel barrel chairs. The storage lost was not that big of a deal over the comfort gained.
If you need the booth for extra sleeping area, consider an decent inflatable mattress??

adcruise

Thanks for the comments everyone, looks like we've been talked out of the booth and will go with standard table/chairs. Still working on how we're gonna approach our salesman about the "price increase" by the factory :rolleyes:

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
As for the poor salemanship I would tell him to stick it. Maybe talk with the manager to see if that is the way the dealership wants to treat their customers. Secondly, I had my dinette replaced with a booth in our landmark and we love it. Much better to get into and out of. No fumbling with chairs etc.

Check out this thread with pics.

ihsolutions

IMO the table/chairs is the way to go in the 3670RL. The reason is, the booth would have to be so short in order to not hit the counter when the slide comes in. Probably fine for 2 people, but that's it. The table, on the other hand, has a leaf that makes it comfortable for 4 people when installed. But you have to remove the leaf to retract the slideout. This naturally makes the sleeping area smaller when converted to a bed, at most being able to sleep on person. Just depends what you need I guess.

supernan1414

We have the booth in our 2011 3185 RL and I love it. We like it because most of the time it is just Bill and I and we like to sit in the middle. ihsolutions is right in that the table is shorter than the table with the leaf. If you often feed 4 probably a consideration. I found folding bar stools at walmart the are brown leather like material that stow away under the bench seat that can be used at the end of the table or at the island for grandkids or extra people. We have the Godiva interior, the backs of the seat are leather and front are the same as the valances. around the windows. Cushions are a cordnating fabric. When I was interested in buying I asked if someone had a picture and I was sent a picture that I will send to you but it is a different interior. I would take a picture of ours but is is at camp and I am home.

Attachments

• trailer pics booth.jpg
    trailer pics booth.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 40