Forced Options

back2nature

I see items that are "forced options" on the BigHorn build sheet (i.e. hydraulic front landing gear, keyless entry and slam baggage doors). Since you have no choice but to get them, are they still an extra charge when ordering a new BigHorn?

K

karykatz

Laurie,

Thank you for your question. These are forced options that will add to the base price. I hope this helps.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Trust us. You wil want the Hydraulic Landing Gears and the Slam Doors.

Just read all the posts about the electric landing gears and their problems with gears breaking and fuses blowing. I am one that had to replace the plastic gears on the landing gear. I now have the Big Foot system due to my concerns with the electric landing gear. The Slam Doors are sturdier. Wish I had them.

In fact many of us on this forum have told Heartland we would like to have the hydraulic landing gears on the 5th wheel trailers.

BC

ChopperBill

Hey Laurie! If ya think the forced option list is a little confusing ask to see the "hidden option" list. :confused: And yes there really is one. And while you are looking at it pencil in the Goodyear tire "hidden option"

back2nature

Trust us. You wil want the Hydraulic Landing Gears and the Slam Doors.

Just read all the posts about the electric landing gears and their problems with gears breaking and fuses blowing. I am one that had to replace the plastic gears on the landing gear. I now have the Big Foot system due to my concerns with the electric landing gear. The Slam Doors are sturdier. Wish I had them.

In fact many of us on this forum have told Heartland we would like to have the hydraulic landing gears on the 5th wheel trailers.

BC
Thanks TXBobcat, I'm all for hygraulic landing gears and slam doors. I wasn't questioning getting the forced options, it was that my husband and I thought the cost was included in the base price, since it's forced, till the dealer told us different.

back2nature

Hey Laurie! If ya think the forced option list is a little confusing ask to see the "hidden option" list. :confused: And yes there really is one. And while you are looking at it pencil in the Goodyear tire "hidden option"

We have found out we can get the "vessel sink" on the 3670RL, so that's in our quote from the dealer, but I didn't know about "hidden options list". Maybe we should hold on the order till we check that out now. Wow, so many decisions. Want to get it right the first time.
Thanks, guys.

ihsolutions

Laurie, I posted about the hidden options list in another thread you created a few days ago. Maybe you missed it, but I outlined some of what I believe to be the most important (for me), so make sure you have a COMPLETE list of available options before ordering. Despite knowing about MANY of the hidden options, there are some I still was not aware of until after I took delivery of my unit.

back2nature

Laurie, I posted about the hidden options list in another thread you created a few days ago. Maybe you missed it, but I outlined some of what I believe to be the most important (for me), so make sure you have a COMPLETE list of available options before ordering. Despite knowing about MANY of the hidden options, there are some I still was not aware of until after I took delivery of my unit.

Thanks Jeff. Yes, I did read your other post of the options. More to consider.

convert

Reginald Hromek
RE: forced options My wife and I took dekivery of our 2011 3610RE last Wed. It's great , used it the first time at the Manitowoc rally on Fri. The forced options are really worth it. We have the Hyd slides and the Hyd landing gear, Elec cord rewind and the vessel sink. On the sink, my wife loves it, I have some reservations. It is a great unit.

Reg & Nancy Hromek
"convert" Think I'm still called a junior member

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Having toured Reg and Nancy's 3610RE last weekend, I have to agree 100%, it is a great unit. Thanks again for the hospitality. Have you had a chance to join the HOC, Reg?

back2nature

RE: forced options My wife and I took dekivery of our 2011 3610RE last Wed. It's great , used it the first time at the Manitowoc rally on Fri. The forced options are really worth it. We have the Hyd slides and the Hyd landing gear, Elec cord rewind and the vessel sink. On the sink, my wife loves it, I have some reservations. It is a great unit.

Reg & Nancy Hromek
"convert" Think I'm still called a junior member

Congratulations of your new unit. We've got our quotes from a few dealers from here (So. Calif.) to near the mfg. Happy to say the dealer 2 miles from our house (that we're selling) is right in the ball park. I am happy to hear you like the vessel sink. I thought my husband was going to be a hard sell on that, but he's said he's excited about the vessel sink. Who knew?

So we're are at the point today. . . do we do it? Today??? It's kind of scarry. Lose the "sticks" house, and move in to an RV. I'm just trying to figure what to do with my clothes. I'm used to a huge walk-in closet. Haha.

ChopperBill

Just shortly before we ordered out new 3610 Renee and I stayed in LasVegas and the new tower at the Golden Nugget. They had Vessel sinks. First time I ever used them. What a PITA. Almost knocked my front teeth out bending over them. Just don't get it, glad they weren't on our hidden option list. Think they are going to be trendy then disappear. Hey, just my opinion for what ever it is worth.

back2nature

Just shortly before we ordered out new 3610 Renee and I stayed in LasVegas and the new tower at the Golden Nugget. They had Vessel sinks. First time I ever used them. What a PITA. Almost knocked my front teeth out bending over them. Just don't get it, glad they weren't on our hidden option list. Think they are going to be trendy then disappear. Hey, just my opinion for what ever it is worth.

Well. . . I've never used a vessel sink. My husband thought it would be good since we're both tall. I guess I will have to be careful bending over them. They sure look pretty. I told my husband, since we are giving up our gorgeous house, I need some "perks" on the RV. :)

DougAndJudy

If a feature is forced, how can it be an option?

I understand that calling some big-ticket features "options" lets the dealer and manufacturer show a smaller base-price, but isn't that really just deception? I almost did not buy a Heartland solely because of the way they packaged the pricing. I still have a hard time in the "Trust" department when something that you don't have a choice about is called an "option."

chief190

Where do I find the list of factory only options. We just ordered our bh 3585rl yesterday from RV,s of Sacramento. Great expierence as this is our third new RV did not think it would be so painless. I did however hear about the goodyear option. As a Ford Senior Master Tech I am always looking for things i can add now not later. Any help would be appriceated. Ray.

jimtoo

Where do I find the list of factory only options. We just ordered our bh 3585rl yesterday from RV,s of Sacramento. Great expierence as this is our third new RV did not think it would be so painless. I did however hear about the goodyear option. As a Ford Senior Master Tech I am always looking for things i can add now not later. Any help would be appriceated. Ray.

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family soon. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Ray, contact your dealer. He should have a list or know what can be ordered on a new unit. Don't wait to long.

Jim M

K

karykatz

Ray,

We do offer some non published options on Bighorn and Landmark. If there are additional items, please get with your dealer. I hope this helps.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
That hydralic landing gear system is so good, I would not be without it. It has cut our arrival and setup time by at least 15 minutes. The really great thing is I only have to explain what Extend and Retract mean once to my wife for each arrival and departure.