Generator?

a1avet

Liv'in on the Edge with a Vue
We just bought a Edge M18 w/ 11,00BTU a/c unit and microwave. What size generator should we get?

I was looking at the Honda EU2000iA Companion. Would this be enough power?

jimtoo

Hi alavet,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family of owners. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm not sure of the amp's needed to run your a/c and micro wave, but some others with more electrical knowledge will jump in and give us some more information.

I am moving the thread to the Edge area also.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jpajax

I have this generator it runs my 15,000 btu ac and is as quiet as a Honda 2,000 with more out put and less $. It is a Boliy 3600 SI.

Attachments

• 1212091335.jpg
    1212091335.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 48

a1avet

Good Morning, I am looking at the Boli generators, that jpajax suggested. But, I am wondering if the Honeywell HW2000i 2,100 Watt would be enough power to run our A/C and maybe a light or 2. I am not really looking at running everything all the time. can anyone tell me if this would be good or not?

Thank you

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I would carry lots of gen fuses if you use one that size. Have been down that road. got tired of going out at night to change the fuse because the DW forgot we were on the gen and turned the wromng thing on.

wdk450

Good Morning, I am looking at the Boli generators, that jpajax suggested. But, I am wondering if the Honeywell HW2000i 2,100 Watt would be enough power to run our A/C and maybe a light or 2. I am not really looking at running everything all the time. can anyone tell me if this would be good or not?

Thank you

I tried running the AC in my Bighorn with a rented Honda EU2000i. I did not have any lights on or the microwave. I did not turn off the convertor breaker. The Honda would run the load for a few seconds, then trip the generator overload.
The Boliy is 1000 more watts, near same noise level and fuel consumption, and not much more weight than the Honda EU2000i. A full time RVer sells them to the RV market: http://www.boliyguy.com/boliy_aboutus.html . He also sells at the big Arizona get together in Quartsite.

There also is a dealer on the internet near me in Sacramento: http://boliystore.com/ I have been looking on EBay and there was a new manual start one offered by the Sacramento guy (with free shipping) for $990. Here is the listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Boliy-3300-W-DS...917?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563ff2d765

I plan to get one pretty soon even if I don't get the trailer on the road again soon in case of power blackouts during the winter. My wife has an electronic medical device she runs all night.

PS The Boliy is regularly selling for about $1200 with the electric start. The same wattage Honda quiet EU3000i sells for about $2000

Last edited:

a1avet

Thank you all for the respones, That's what I thought, but had to check, it would an expensive mistake to make.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I've run the Boliy for about a year now approx. 60 hrs. The only issue I had was when I pinched the 1/8" vent hosed towards the back of the unit which caused the carb. to flood. I can run the AC and convection oven at the same time. Bought mine from a guy in California on Ebay, $850 free shipping.

Attachments

• ebay pics 062.jpg
    ebay pics 062.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 45