Surround sound

WILBOLT

Hello, I am a new owner of a 27Rlss. Does the surround sound work just when you play a movie or listen to the radio or CD? I noticed it is not working when I just watch tv???
Thanks

jimtoo

Hi WILBOLT,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Most likely to get your TV sound through your surround sound you will need to hook up the cables from the TV "audio out" connection to the surround "aux audio in", these are the one red and one white plugs. You can then find it as a different source on the surround unit.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Depends on the TV and amplifier you have. If it's a Jensen TV and a Samsung HTX-20 receiver, forget TV in stereo. And with the Samsung, you can also forget about plugging anything other than some unknown brand of MP3 player into the USB port, as well. I've got a Sansa and the Samsung ain't got a clue. It's on the short list to be deep-sixed.

olcoon

We've got the 27RlSS also, ours is a 2011, with the Jenson player. I had to play around with the settings on the Jenson, and finally got the surround sound to work. The cables were already hooked up. I can't tell you how to do it because I can't remember how I did it right now, and our 5er is in for some warranty work. If you look in the book, or on the card that came with it, it should tell you how to get the TV to work on the surround sound.

The_Toads

If you have the Jensen hooked up to the TV, find the Aux button and press it. You have 3 channels on the Aux system so one of them should have the TV plugged into the Jensen system, thus allowing you to use the surround sound. While it is 2 speakers in the ceiling, I did not find the sound to be all that great, but it does beat the speakers in the TV. The other way to go is with a Sound Bar. I bought one from Vizio and it fits nicely behind and underneath our 32" Toshiba. Makes a huge difference in sound quality. However the remote leaves a lot to be desired, but you get what you pay for.

GOTTOYS

It's not true surround sound as such because it has no sub-woofer. The sound will come out of the ceiling speakers only.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It's not true surround sound as such because it has no sub-woofer. The sound will come out of the ceiling speakers only.
Are you sure there's no sub? Most of our units have subs in a cabinet below the entertainment center. Possibly behind the fireplace if so equipped.