What is difference between Landmark and Bighorn?

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
What exactly is the difference between a Landmark and a Bighorn? Is the frame different? Is the structure different? Cabinets? Appliances? Build quality? Better suspension?

I am thinking about a new unit and like both a Landmark Grand Canyon or a Bighorn 3585. There are no Landmark dealers around here.

Rick

ihsolutions

LM and BH are built on the same line. From what I saw during two factory tours, many dealer visits, and RV shows, the build quality, frame, suspension, etc is identical between the two. Naturally, LM offers a little more upscale decor and some features you can't get on BH, for example full body paint.

For the substantial price difference I could not justify the LM, but then again we are not full timers.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I'd pick the Landmark for the 2" thicker main frame. If a 12" frame was a option on the Big Horn then it would be my choice.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
One standard on the Landmark I love is the soft touch ceiling. It just looks more elegant IMHO. Granted it is more money but you could kind of compare the two like the Ford Crown Victoria and the Mercury Grand Marquis. Both are basically the same except the Mercury comes standard with more bells and whistles and has some options not available on the Crown Vic. If you are going to full-time I would choose the Landmark. MHO

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
Jon does that mean they have bigger axles and suspension too. That would be 2012 units correct?

Rick

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Just a note to you Ricoh, I think the new 2012 Landmarks coming out late this year will be substantially different from the Big Horns. At the least, I am waiting myself to see the changes. Then I will make my decision which to buy.