08 Saturn Vue v6

a1avet

Liv'in on the Edge with a Vue
I just bought a 2011 Edge M18 3013lbs w/trailer brakes. I was told that the Saturn Vue XR V6 (3500lbs max) I have should have no problems pulling it.
Is anyone else pulling with a Vue?
Issues?
Trans cooler?
What to look for when pulling?
Speed and gear selection?
As you can tell I have never owned or pulled a trailer this heavy before. Please share your experience with us?

Thank you for any in-put!

Cam & Ty
"South West of Disorder"

bill40

Welcome aboard Cam & Ty
We have a 05 Vue RL ours has the Honda V6 and Honda Trans so I'm not sure I can be sure about yours. It's possible after you load the Edge and have your family on board you are going to be very close to the GVWR of the Vue. I would go for a trans cooler and a good sway hitch. As you can see I pull something a little larger. I'm sure you will get some more advice there are a lot of great people on this forum.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Welcome aboard Cam & Ty
We have a 05 Vue RL ours has the Honda V6 and Honda Trans so I'm not sure I can be sure about yours. It's possible after you load the Edge and have your family on board you are going to be very close to the GVWR of the Vue. I would go for a trans cooler and a good sway hitch. As you can see I pull something a little larger. I'm sure you will get some more advice there are a lot of great people on this forum.

Does Honda make the Vue...I thought GM made it. Or does Honda supply the motor and transmission?

bill40

Does Honda make the Vue...I thought GM made it. Or does Honda supply the motor and transmission?
From 04 to 06 in the Red Line (RL) model the used the 3.5 Honda V6 and 5 speed auto. You would not believe the difference between it and new GM V6. The 3.5 is so quiet it is like comparing my durmax to a gasser. Really didn't know it was a Honda till the Saturn dealer explained it when we were buying it. I just liked the looks of the RL.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Thanks for the info I will have to let my daughter in law know who has a Vue. Just goes to show u how intertwined the auto manufacturing industry is. Like Mazda made the Ford Ranger p/u.

bill40

Thanks for the info I will have to let my daughter in law know who has a Vue. Just goes to show u how intertwined the auto manufacturing industry is. Like Mazda made the Ford Ranger p/u.
Really gives a new meaning to " Made In USA"

a1avet

The last year the Vue is really a Opel Antera in Saturn skin. GM's European manufacturer.

Last edited:

a1avet

Does anyone else tow with an 08 Vue?
Should I get a trans cooler?

Last edited: