Lippert Electra-Hydraulic Leveling System Operation

Barry Crocker

2011 Landmark Grand Canyon.

Downloaded pdf files posted by jbeletti. In the operation instructions it says when you turn the system ON, the stabilizers retract followed by the rear jacks. This is to prevent damage to the system in case you inadvertently extend the front jacks.

When I turn my system on, the stabilizers retract but the rear jacks do not. Additionally, after traveling, when I first turn the system on, I must retract the rear jacks manually then use Auto Level. If I don't do that I will get an error message.

Switch out of adjustment somewhere? Jacks bleeding down?

PSF513

I have the same OEM system on my Bighorn and have never had that problem. I would greatly appreciate if, when you get the answer and the problem is corrected, you would post a description on the FORUM under Hydraulics.

GOOD LUCK!

Barry Crocker

I'm taking the rig to Big Country RV tomorrow and this is one of the warranty things they are going to work on. I'll let everyone know if they get it fixed.

Willym

My system operates as your's does i.e. the stabilizers retract fully when the system is turned on - they will get damaged if you raise the front of the trailer with them down. The rear hydraulic jacks have to be retracted manually. I suppose that they could be damaged if the front jacks are extended, but I haven't forgotten to retract them first yet. Maybe the Lippert manual needs updating.

I don't understand why you have to retract the jacks manually before using auto levelling, as the rear jacks should already be fully retracted. After unhitching, are you resetting the master switch before you select Auto Level i.e. turning the big red switch off then on? This was shown to me by the dealer, but does not appear in the Lippert documentation as far as I can tell.
2011 Landmark Grand Canyon.

Downloaded pdf files posted by jbeletti. In the operation instructions it says when you turn the system ON, the stabilizers retract followed by the rear jacks. This is to prevent damage to the system in case you inadvertently extend the front jacks.

When I turn my system on, the stabilizers retract but the rear jacks do not. Additionally, after traveling, when I first turn the system on, I must retract the rear jacks manually then use Auto Level. If I don't do that I will get an error message.

Switch out of adjustment somewhere? Jacks bleeding down?

jbeletti

Barry,

Sounds like you need a software update in the brain (logic control) portion of your leveling system. Have your dealer contact Lippert of give Lippert a call yourself to discuss.

Jim

Barry Crocker

I will have Big Country call Lippert in the AM. When I unhook the trailer from my truck I have not turned the system off and back on to do the Auto Level. Gonna give that a try in the AM as well.

Thanks for all the info everyone!!

Barry

Willym

The Lippert instructions are not the best, but they do state in the "Additional Notes" section that the system will only allow 1 auto level operation for each main power up. Hence the need to reset the master switch between each levelling.

In the "reconnecting the unit to a tow vehicle" section it also has you raising the front of the trailer and hooking up to your tow vehicle prior to retracting all jacks and stabilizers. I presume that this assumes that the stabilizers and jacks have retracted somewhat when the system was turned on. Maybe I'll also talk to Lippert to see whether it is my software or their instructions that need updating.

Barry Crocker

The mechanic at Big Country RV in Bend, OR and I completely "re-zeroed" the system and now everything works as advertised. The rear jacks do not come up automatically. BC is going to download a software update and email it to me. I'll have that installed sometime this winter in TX.