cleaning ideas for caulking

aatauses

Hi everyone,
We have stayed in Prosser, WA for most of the summer and the dust stoms are a real treat. We have tried to keep the rv clean, but it is time to really get it clean before we move further south. We are having a hard time getting the caulking clean around the trim and doors---any suggestions?? Also, any suggestions for getting the water stains off the roof that came from the ac??
thanks
al

Last edited:

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Ah yes...Prosser! We lived for a couple of years in a town called Warden! Dust storms often closed Highway 17 in those days!

Anyway, I have used a project called Jomax Mold & Mildew Stain Remover on the trim and caulking of our previous rig. It worked really well! Got those black mildew spots off. Sprayed it on and just let it sit! I don't think I would use it on the roof though as it contains bleach. I wanted to get those AC stains off our new roof too but I am beginning to think it may not be worth it! I keep the roof clean with just Dawn soap and I am hesitant to use just any old chemical on the EPDM. No one will ever see the AC stains except me so I guess they really don't hurt anything.

Best Wishes!

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
We have been using a product called LA's Totally Awesome on three different RV's. In our area it can be purchased at Family Dollar and other dollar stores. I use it on my whole extereior, It contains no bleaches, ammonia or acids. Removes black streaks, cleans caulk and virtually everything. I do not use it on the roof as I do not really know what is in it but sure is a time saver

MC9

I used Palmolive dish soap and the rv brush from Wallyworld and was impressed how well it did on the caulk. My Sundance is a 2010 so it really didn't have the ground in dirt.