Do It Yourself Repair Info

jpmorgan37

I found this while browsing the internet and have no idea whether it is good, bad or otherwise, but the guarantee that he offers, makes me think that it might be worth a look since many of us are either out or running out of our factory warranty. I thought that I would post it for your consideration. http://www.rvwalkthru.com/

John

BigBlue

BigBlue
John
Were you able to sign up for the newsletter? I could not get my cursor to enter the fields so I could put my name and email address in.
I tried both FireFox and Internet explorer. Neither worked.

jpmorgan37

Hi Jim;
Yes, I signed up on Mozilla Foxfire. It went right through. After I read the two samples on his website, I thought it would be interesting. I always like to get new information. I guess that's the mechanic in me.

John

jbeletti

Jim,

Using Firefox, I was not able to click in the Name field. Using IE, same thing. Then I checked the email field and I was able to select it and key in my email address. Then I used the SHIFT-TAB command to go back a field and my cursor was flashing in the name field. Filled it in and clicked Submit. Went through.

Went back to Firefox and same thing. I was able to enter email, then SHIFT-TAB to go to Name field.

Jim

K

Ken Washington

Hi everyone,
I used my Google AutoFill and it went right in. I was not able to put my name in but I will still get the news letter.

Ken

jpmorgan37

I used the autofill on Mozilla and it put in my e-mail address and last name. I just typed in my first name after that. Zip-off it went.

John

BigBlue

BigBlue
Well, I finally got signed up. I had to use autofill to get my email in. Then to get the cursor in the field, I had to move it until it turned into the text cursor. This didn't happen at all places in my email address. After I got the cursor in, I was able to Shift-Tab to get into the name field.

jbeletti

Hey Jim - where are you and Pat at now? I went to Lehman's to grab something from the trailer and put my tire covers on. Saw you guys had moved on. Somewhere warm I hope.

Jim

BigBlue

BigBlue
Hi Jim
We're in Holbrook, AZ at the moment. Touring the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert.
We're on the way to Mesa, AZ for the winter.
We left Lehman's on the 7th and took the trailer to Collier's for some work and then went to Princeton to see our daughter. Then it was off down to St. Louis, MO; Oklahoma City, OK; Santa Fe, NM; and now Holbrook.

We'll be in Mesa for the Winter: Dec through March. Haven't planned anything after that yet.
Jim

jbeletti

Sounds like you and Pat are staying warm! Lehman's has the shell of their new building up. New office, laundry and bathhouse I guess. Then an outdoor pool (I think). None of which we'll use but I'm sure others will enjoy it. Seasonal rates are going up by $100. Sure wish they'd bring sewer into the seasonal section.

Be safe and enjoy the winter in Mesa once you get there.

Jim

BigBlue

BigBlue
I don't know about staying warm. Last night here in Holbrook it got to 12 and tonight it's supposed to get to 14. So far the Landmark is doing OK. I fill our water tank, put the hoses and the water filter in the storage compartment and set the furnace at 60. So far we're surviving.

I got another flat tire on the middle axle. This time it was a screw. That makes the 4th flat we've had. I still jack the wheel up by putting the jack on the tie plate. I just can't see how I'd raise the tire high enough if I jacked on the frame. To get the middle tire up I'd have to raise the frame a foot or so.
We're leaving for Mesa tomorrow. According to weather.com it should be a little warmer there.

J

Jim_1899

That is good that you are staying warm inside with the low temperature's. I was wondering how much propane you use, I camp a lot in the winter but unforntunately I don't get to spend more than two to three days at a time in my RV. In the spring when I first got my BH I was worried about having just one air but found that it cooled it down fine all summer.

With the propane I am comptiplating the size of my propane tanks, and how often I will need to refill them. I have read a lot about supplemental electric heat, but to be careful because the under storage & tanks only are heated by the furnance.

If you could let me know what your experience on the amount of propane you use I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jim

BigBlue

BigBlue
Hi Jim
Sorry I haven't answered sooner. My computer crashed and I've been slowly rebuilding.
On the propane, when it's cold like Holbrook, AZ was (12 degrees) I'm using a 40 lb tank in 4 to 5 days. We set the furnace at 60 degrees at night and augment with electric heater in the bedroom.
So far the tanks in the basement have survived this temperature even without any heaters on them.

Jim