Pinbox area frame flex (BH 3670)

carlane

how many out there have had the pin box framr way 2008 3670 model i have from 1 to 1.5 move ment when on landing legs everything is tight when on truck 5wheel hith the give is 1to1.5 inches

aatauses

Re: pinbox tied to frame

hi,
Yes we have had flexing in our 3670 also. I went to a local dealer and he reinforced ours with a few welds and so far that has worked. I have another link titles BH falling apart that explains the situation.
al

ihsolutions

What about the area around the bottom vertical edge of the molding? Is your caulk separating there? I'm referring to the area shown in the picture. If yours separates here when hitching and unhitching, send me a PM.

Attachments

• Cap Tape Hitched_Medium.jpg
    Cap Tape Hitched_Medium.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 378

artsbighorn

I was in the Elkhart area this past May.We spent 4 days at the factory for repair's.They took off the front cap,the covering for the over hang, and about 1/3rd of the ft. street side wall.Then they got to welding in New bracing around the frame & pin box.I NO LONGER HAVE A PROBLEM WITH FLEXING.
A BIG!!!!!!!!THANK YOU TO HEARTLAND CORP.,ALL THE STAFF AT DEALER SERVICE'S THE CREW IN THE REPAIR SHOP DOING THE WORK,ALSO A BIGGER THANK YOU TO STEVE KENNEL & ERIC McDANIEL.Heartland Stand's by their products.

THANK'S AGAIN,

Art & Jan

GOTTOYS

Hope they had this problem fixed before they built mine.
Don
I would hope so too. His was built 5 years before yours. I haven't heard of any frame issues in recent year trailers. Good luck with your new rig...Don

artsbighorn

Keep an eye out your rear view mirror and look at the area between the pinbox & the overhang,that is where I saw the movement.

StevenJ

I'm having the same trouble with my 2008 3600RL, in fact, the fiberglass side, above the bedroom side-out has a crack that goes from the upper rear corner towards the roof. Do I have the same frame as the 3670? I watched the pin box and the overhang and I have between one to two inches of flex. Who should I contact at Heartland?;)

danemayer

I'm having the same trouble with my 2008 3600RL, in fact, the fiberglass side, above the bedroom side-out has a crack that goes from the upper rear corner towards the roof. Do I have the same frame as the 3670? I watched the pin box and the overhang and I have between one to two inches of flex. Who should I contact at Heartland?;)

Stevenj, fyi, this thread was started 2 years ago. If you want to discuss with Heartland, get your VIN# and call customer service at 877-262-8032.

StevenJ

Called customer service and took a lot of pics they wanted, e-mailed to them. They e-mailed and said they will fix the problem, we are taking the coach to Elkhart on 11/5/2012. They said Heartland will repair it and cover the cost. What more can you ask for!!! ;)

ihsolutions

I thought it was cool that they are taking care of my 2011 out of warranty, but dang StevenJ, yours is five years old! That's incredible that Heartland is doing this for you, certainly out of no obligation but just going the extra mile like they always have for me. Nice job Heartland!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
And people wonder why we're "loyal", as they call it, to Heartland! You guys (and gals) rock!!!

StevenJ

Called customer service and set up appointment for the first of Nov., 2012. They said they will keep it for a week, I am happy they are going to take care of this, they seem to know what's wrong so we'll see!!!!!:cool:

artsbighorn

Start out with Heartland's service dept. We are VERY happy with our repair's. They are the BEST

StevenJ

We picked up the 5er from Heartland repair in Elkhart, they welded gussets on the frame and welded the aluminum sidewall framing. They had to pull the nose cap and cover around hitch. They did a good job, my unit is 5 years old and they covered it completely. The guys at the repair shop are great and helpful, I'm a happy camper.:cool: