Mirror Door Clips

lizzymit

Does anyone know where I can buy new clips to secure my bedroom mirror doors while traveling. I am on my third set and they don't last more than a couple of months. We have a BigHorn 3610RE.

Thanks

jimtoo

If you would do a search you will find this has been talked about several times... and a lot of folks are using the HD Velcro.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Use Velcro and you won't have to buy anymore clips. Only takes about 2-3 inches.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The fact that you are on your 3rd set leads me to think the latches are being installed incorrectly. The alignment to the door is fairly critical so that they latch and release easily without being forced.
A question. Are your latches the black plastic with a live hinged release trigger? Or are they clear plastic ridged pieces.
If they are the black ones. The best method of installing them is to attach the latch to the door before mounting and close the door. Mark the wooden closet frame with a pencil where the latch is to be attached. Remove the latch from the door and screw it to the frame. Pre-drill the holes to make it easier to drive the screws.

DRGalligher

I started another thread on this earlier and the Velcro solution was highly recommended. I prefer to stay with the clips. Someone responded to me that the mirrored door clips from tweetys.com worked well for him, so we ordered a pair - they are aluminum and plastic heavy duty. Dealership ordered some replacements for us but told us that if we find some of a better design, they would reimburse us. FYI - we just bought our 2011 Bighorn in August and have been spending a lot of time in it in our driveway to get used to all the aspects of it and broke it then.

RollingHome

Lizzymit, We have replaced those POS plastic clips many times on our last 3 TT. Now we have a 5ver and guess what... On our last trip the factory installed clip snapped after about 50 cycles... They are junk, that's all there is to it, they are junk ! Just think how long a tempered aluminum or plain ole stainless steel latch would last. I am going to try the velcro trip to eliminate my PO agrivation, maybe you should too. I've wasted too much time and $ to go back to the plastic junk we are used too. JMHO. Tom