2011 BC Toilet design

Elder1

We have a 2011 BC 3250TS with a toilet problem and so far we have had to have the toilet replaced and the unit cleaned as the smell was real BAD. Now as far as I can figure out the bowl is the new design with the flush holes around the rim and that part works great BUT there is a problem with how the bowl is designed. There is no lip to stop the uh er splash out when you use the toilet in the sitting position so you end up with urine running down the outside of the toilet around the base and down the heater vent into the under belly. By the time we found the problem the floor was soaked, the wood in the underbelly was soaked and dried urine was everywhere (quite a bad smell too). Oh, and I should say that this is our 7th RV and the first one that has this problem, so it has to be the design of the toilet. Question to the factory, could I get a new toilet with the old design installed under warranty or is there some way to fix this problem?

Thanks for your time.

B

bwwalczak

I will forward your comment on to our service department, but I don't know of any major changes to our toilets.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Bryan, just my 2 cents, but I think you have a leak around the base. While some "splash" might be unavoidable, it would take a huge amount to drip into the basement. We had the same issue on our last MH, and I kept accusing poor Ray of being careless with his aim. I scrubbed, scrubbed, disinfected and cleaned and it still smelled. When we replaced the toilet because we wanted the china bowl style, we found the gasket between the toilet and floor had been seeping, and was the source of the smell. It was a small enough amount at a time that the flooring never was wet, so we never knew where it was coming from, but had seeped into the subfloor. Good luck and hope you find what's causing this.

Elder1

Thanks for the responses. Deb you're right, we did have a leak around the base and the first toilet was replaced but the "splash" continues, sigh.

Elder1

Bryan thanks for responding so fast. Who do I contact too see if I can get a new toilet with a different design installed under warranty?

B

bwwalczak

You can contact our warranty department - 574-266-8726. Heartland service may have a solution for you. This really sounds like a seal issue.