New to forum and 5th wheels - considering the 3300CK

brownli

After many months of viewing tons of RV's, we keep returning to the 3300CK even though this floor plan does not have our two top 'Must (want-to-haves) Haves' on our list: 1) optional Generator prep/space; 2) optional W/D prep.

Can anyone comment on either of these items and whether it's possible to reconfigure/modify the 3300CK to have either or both?

About us: My husband and I, our 6 yr daughter and our golden retriever-Biskit love the 3300CK. We have set a plan - 48 by 2022 (that's 48 states by year 2022 when our daughter will graduate high school!). We plan to use our RV for extended summer travel and additional quick trips when able. We are tent campers, and still plan on doing so regardless of an RV, as our beautiful daughter is all about the outdoors - bugs, critters, dirt....loves it all...I guess as we do too! The 48x2022 goal has encouraged us to look for some 'home comfort' on our longer journeys, hence the search for an RV. Additional use of the RV is likely as my husband does often travel (weekly) for his job. He's really tired of the hotels and motels...and well, would like a place to call 'home' when not!

Thanks to anyone able to respond or simply just for reading this post!

jimtoo

Hi brownli,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You might check with you dealer and if he say no or doesn't know, call Heartland direct and talk to them.

Enjoy the forum and hopefully you become a part of our family.

Jim M

Ryanjb01

Hello,

I have had our 3300Ck for about 2 months now. We love it and feel we made a good choice. Wouldn't want much changed about the unit.

To answer your questions:

I cannot think of anywhere you would be able to install a washer/dryer and still have use of the entire unit. I guess you could remove the lower bunk on the rear slide and put it in there. But you would have to run power and water/drain lines.

As far as the generator, I would guess that there is enough room to install a generator in the front hatch where the motor for the landing gear is.

Good luck with your search,

brownli

Ryanjb01 - thanks for your response. I suspected as much regarding the lack of space for a w/d, not to mention the power/water lines. I've only been in the 3300ck one time, but fell in love with it....since then could not remember any extra 'space' for a w/d unless the master closet was larger than I could recall. I'll check into the front hatch for possiblity of a generator. As for the bunk room - love it and wouldn't touch it either...priorities I guess! As I stated earlier, we keep coming back to this Sundance even though we've found several other RV's that offer the w/d, generator....not sure what it is about the 3300ck...but I suppose since I'm having dreams about it.....maybe it's the one!

Thanks again for responding.

grizzlygiant

We traded in our larger Bighorn which had a washer/dryer and a generator for a smaller Sundance. We have never looked back.

We live in our Sundance months at a time. We have enough room for 3 weeks of clothes and other laundry which takes us 2-3 hours at a laundromat instead of endless hours in the RV machine. We carry a 3000 w generator in our pickup and use it ocassionaly for lunch at the roadside.

dynaguy

When i purchased my cyclone i had a few things but they were not as big as you have mentioned. have you called the factory? also, you could call the salesman who we ordered our cyclone from and ask him if this is possible. here is his contact info in case you want to see if it is possible. good luck!
##################

Last edited by a moderator: