Out of Rig

dra

I purchased a new 3055RL last month. After towing for 3 days I noticed that the driver's side exterior wall appears to be concave at approx. the last (toward the back) 10 to 12 feet of the rv and of course the other side appears to be convex. The living room slide and the entertainment slide make a terribly loud metal on metal sound when moving in and out which I belief to be caused by the out of rig problem. The unit is at the dealership now as they try to solve the problem. The tech told me they all make the same noise!!:eek:
Has anybody else had a problem such as this? I really hope no one has!
Does anyone know anything about rv lemon laws and if so please give me the info.
Thanks

DennisZ

DRA
I've never noticed that with my rig, the slides don't make any noise that I would consider unusual or metal on metal. As the convex/concave issue, I don't believe I've seen that either.

Still very happy with our unit.

Uncle Rog

Howdy dra, sounds like you have real issues to address. Stay in constant contact with the factory starting right now! The dealer, in my case, kept the rig for almost a month before sending it to a factory "authorized" shop! I am sure you can find out about all legal remedies by going on line or paying counsel for a consultation. Don't let a lawyer blow smoke in your ear either. Ask for precedents and or examples of successfull litigation. We have had our share of problems, all of which could have been fixed right out of the gate if our dealer was on the ball at all. Remember your warranty is for only one year, document the time out of service and all contact with the repair facility and the factory. We love the BH, bit right is right. Check out some of my posts, some include pictures, that show some of the other issues to be aware of. Good luck!................

dra

Just FYI I'm still trying to get the out of rig wall problem taken care of. I've been to a factory authorized dealer repair shop and they said that it was indeed crooked. The factory rep. said I needed to take it to a dealer for an inspection to which I replied I had done. The dealer took pictures and sent them to the rep. as well as verbalized the problem to him. Nothing has been done to help me solve the problem. There are some other issues that have cropped up such as outside compartment doors not fitting and won't close unless forced and a bend by a compartment door when combined with all of the other slide and wall problems, in my opinion, point to a major structural defect. I would like Heartland to swap this out with a new one. I have contacted a law firm that deals with issues such as this and will be writing to Trailer Life magazine within the next two days. Any other ideas out there will be apprciated.

C

Chulinw

I think you have some bad welding problems with the sides showing cave in and the slide making noise. My slides don't make any noise at all when they are going in or out. I think I would call someone at the top in Heartland over that problems you have. Take lots of pictures with date and time on them if you have the camera that does it. It sure does help in help when issues come up. Give Jammie Clark East Coast warrantry rep a call 574-262-8030 talk with him at least he can tell you the right person to call. Good luck...

J

Jim_1899

Bedroom slide problem

I have previously posted the problem with my bedroom slide. It was sticking and would make noise getting stuck and loose. The plastic or rubber at the bottom of the slide shredded. After spraying the slide with a spray it now works properly.

My warranty is up in April 2007 so I better get my RV in. I hope that they can fix your unit it does not sound good sounds like you might have a frame problem.