sleep comfort mattress

Markayal

We have a 2007 Bighorn and are looking to change the mattress. Has anyone but a sleep number bed in their trailer and how do you like it. Are there any other suggestions for a different mattress? Thanks

DMitch

Not any knowledge of the sleep number but in our last fiver we purchased a 12" foam mattress. It was wonderful and we will have one in the new unit soon.

Rickhansen

We had a sleep comfort mattress in our sticks and bricks house and hated it. We returned it within the 90 day trial/warranty period. When it was time replace our stock mattress (about a year of full time) we replaced it with a California King size Tempurpedic mattress. It adds some weight, but fits well. The foot of the mattress overhangs the pedestal by a couple inches but does not interfere with slide operation.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Why do you need a 3" foam pad on top of a sleep number bed? I thought (from the commercials) that all you needed to do was find your "number." Personally, we've got a queen Tempur-Pedic in the S & B and love it. But it weighs a ton. Actually the OEM mattress in our 3670 seems pretty good, too.

Geonkat

We replaced the mattress in our new Bighorn 3410 with an Americana Bear bed. We chose this because they will custom make the size to your specifications at no additional charge, which Select Comfort will not do. We have used the new bed twice now and it has made a world of difference! If you are interested, you can find them at http://www.bearbeds.com.

RollingHome

We had a Sleep Number in our sticks & bricks home... hated it... really hated it... replaced it with a memory foam matress which was/is worse... now hammering nails through plywood like the Shakers used because it will feel better then the sleep number or memory foam garbage... Did I make my point yet ? Stick to the tried and true ole matress your Mom & Dad slept on.... they still work fine :)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Well there sure are varied opinions on mattresses. We have a Select Comfort (Camping World Edition 72X80) in our Bighorn. I believe it is the same as the Select Comfort 4000 series. WE LIKE IT! It is also very light weight. Since we now have a house as well and couldn't afford a 2nd air bed, we found a king size tempurpedic (memory foam) and love it as well. Found on Craigslist for $75. A steal!!! It is very very heavy though.
For our comfort needs, I think we have the best of both worlds. Everyones body has different comfort needs. Find one you like and go for it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well there sure are varied opinions on mattresses. We have a Select Comfort (Camping World Edition 72X80) in our Bighorn. I believe it is the same as the Select Comfort 4000 series. WE LIKE IT! It is also very light weight. Since we now have a house as well and couldn't afford a 2nd air bed, we found a king size tempurpedic (memory foam) and love it as well. Found on Craigslist for $75. A steal!!! It is very very heavy though.
For our comfort needs, I think we have the best of both worlds. Everyones body has different comfort needs. Find one you like and go for it.

Getting a King Tempur-Pedic for $75 is a crime! You probably beat up some poor old lady to get it, didn't you?? You should be arrested. An honest person would go down to the local gendarmes and turn himself in.

fljlcw

we got it from CW our number is so high that we needed A pad so we didnt wake up sore also it was cheaper than getting the sleep number with the pad built into the mattress which CW didnt sell anyway and sleep number store said they only sold an RV king at CW so that worked best for us Fred

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Getting a King Tempur-Pedic for $75 is a crime! You probably beat up some poor old lady to get it, didn't you?? You should be arrested. An honest person would go down to the local gendarmes and turn himself in.
I Know!!! It's not too often I get the decent side of a deal. Just lucky timing I guess.