305 Road Warrior Door and Tire issues

Hi all and good day!

Just asking if anyone has had problems with the garage door cracking down the middle of the door?

Also, has anyone had a blowout that has caused major damage?
Has anyone heard of running nitrogen in trailer tires?

What are the best trailer tires for toy haulers? We have the towmax that came with the 2010 road warrior and have 5K on the tire that just blew causing major damage to the side of the coach and ripping out the electrical system. We are now very scared of these tires.

Look forward to the answers

porthole

Retired
Jim - what do you mean garage door cracking?
I don't see any outside issues with mine but I do see some flexing on the ramp on the inside with weight on it. Right down the center you can see a seam that is moving under the black no skid.

See my "And so it begins" thread. I just replaced my towmax tires. I would strongly recommend the H114's by Goodyear. And the dearer I got them from I also recommend, fair price, outstanding service.

Literally on the service - the owner was "out standing" by the front door a little after 8pm waiting for me to show up to replace my tires. I realize a sale is a sale, But I gave "Scott" a call back a 6:30 pm to ask about the tires. He mounted 5 - 95 pound tires/wheels, in 90 degree weather and had them ready for me when I showed up.
He put the tires on the trailer for me and then we sat and shot the breeze fro about an hour before I offered to pay for the tires so I could leave.

porthole

Retired

Well for starters you are already running 80% nitrogen, so going through with the added expense is a little over the top.

And unless you were able to pull a full vacuum on your tires, you will never have 100% nitrogen in the tire anyway.

So I say forget and save your money JMHO though.

don46

Hi all and good day!

Just asking if anyone has had problems with the garage door cracking down the middle of the door?

Also, has anyone had a blowout that has caused major damage?

What are the best trailer tires for toy haulers? We have the towmax that came with the 2010 road warrior and have 5K on the tire that just blew causing major damage to the side of the coach and ripping out the electrical system. We are now very scared of these tires.

Look forward to the answers

As for the crack in the middle of the garage door, mine is showing the seam and appears that it is seperating from the underlayment.

I run Nitrogen in my truck tires, theoretically it is supposed to maintain a constant pressure, whereas air will fluctuate with heat.

JohnHD

I have had my Road Warrior 405RW for about a year and half now, I have put on about 17,000 miles, after 8,000 miles the Maxxis's were wearing out and had to replace one tire. After attending the Escapee Club Boot Camp on RV's with a big segment on weights, balances and tires, I found out the Maxxis's are made in China and are a combination of some steel belts, nylon and rayon belts. They suggested an all steel belt radial and many of the instructors and other RV'ers were using Goodyear G614, same size tire but G rated and requires a new wheel that will handle 110 psi. I have put on about another 9,000 miles with out issue or much wear on the tires. It is expensive, but has been worth every penny for using better tires. Remember this is where the rubber meets the road, do not cheat on cost, get the best.

GOTTOYS

Well for starters you are already running 80% nitrogen, so going through with the added expense is a little over the top.

And unless you were able to pull a full vacuum on your tires, you will never have 100% nitrogen in the tire anyway.

So I say forget and save your money JMHO though.
Totally agree. Just another way for the tire dealer to make a buck...for all I know they could be putting in plain old air and calling it nitrogen, not that it would matter. Even if it's free it just isn't a big deal..Don

bggrndodge

DSC_0173.jpgThanks Porthole, here are the wheels on my Cyclone (8 spoke). I will look into what the actual psi rating is for the wheels, or if anyone knows off hand that would be great too.

sdrubrecht

I have the same wheels, 110 psi. Like Porthole said, I had the 5 spokes and had to change wheels to use the Goodyear G614s. I got rid of my china bombs after 2 blowouts within 30 miles of each other. Took out some electric and damaged side panel also. One happy note, I seem to be getting almost 1 mpg better with the Goodyears.

sdrubrecht

Sorry about double post, forgot the door. I can see the seam on my door, just like Porthole, but no cracks in the nonskid. Have read about others having cracks. Might be the type of toys loaded and uneven weight too close to the center seam that causes the cracks. Doesnt seem right though, the door should be built for anything that might go up it, right up to its weight limit.