Ceiling fan has no power

bigdob24

I have a 2010 Sundance 3300rcb. The ceiling fan has stopped working today, no light or fan. I checked the switch and it has no power going to it. I then checked the breakers and looked at the wires going to them and all looks good. It would seem a wire has come lose somewhere, any ideas besides going to the dealer?? That will be a last resort.
Not sure which breaker it is on.
Any ideas??
Dan

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dan, I dont think that the fan is on a fuse...but maybe. Mine has a breaker marked "ceiling fan". As far as I know, its a 110V fan. Remove the breaker panel and check to see if you have a loose wire there. You might remove the switch and check there. Be sure that that you unplug from the 110V system 1st. You dont want fire shooting out of your eyes.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Check your GFI outlet breaker near the bathroom sink, sometimes that can shut down some 110vac circuits.

Last edited:

bigdob24

Thanks Guys, I have checked all that . Will be camping next week with some guys that are good on trouble shooting electrical trouble . Maybe they will find something, if not its off the the dealer.
Dan

jbeletti

Dan,

As Bob mentioned, most of our ceiling fans (not the 14" Fantastic and other brands) are 110 VAC operation - hence the residential style wall switch. Since you have checked the AC breaker, the wiring at the breaker and the connections at the wall switch, I would suspect the connection at the fan. Your ceiling fan may need to be removed to check the wiring connection. If you feel comfortable in doing so, turn the ceiling fan breaker OFF, turn the wall switch OFF, then try to remove the fan at the base of it near the ceiling. You may get lucky and have access to the wiring connections without having to remove the blades. If you do have to remove the blades, do so at the motor end of the blade bracket.

Be careful and best of luck.

Jim