Warm Water Not Hot

Fordsd250

I have a question. We have 1 2006 3500RL that we really like. However, on our last trip our water heater would only produce warm water. Thats with gas or electric or both. I have checked everything I can think of. We never had a problem before, and have had our unit since April 2005.
Now for the question. Today I was installing a central vac, and since I was pulling off some of the panels in the storage asrea, I decided to take all of them out to see what I might find. When I exposed the back of the water heater, I saw the what I think is the thermostat. When I touched it, it was loose. It appears that is held on the tank with duct tape. Does this not need to be snug on the tank?
Any advice or comments would certianly be welcomed.:rolleyes:

jpmorgan37

Roger;
When you find out what that thing is, let me know. I've got one also and have taped it back up several times, but it didn't have any affect on my hot water temperature. Reference your hot water, are you sure that your hot water heater bypass valve(s) didn't get turned accidentally?
John

driver311

it sounds like the valve on the back of the hot water heater in the middle is open. that makes warm water because it is blending hot and cold

driver311:) :)

tdharley

If it is happening to both the electric & gas , it must be something they have in common. Bypass valve or thermostat.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I had one of the bypass valves on mine that was not in the open position ,not allowing the hot water to leave the tank. I bet one or even two might not be positioned the right way. I also thought my electric element was bad would be fine on propane but not on electric. They found a loose wire nut in a junction box at the water heater in the storage compartment. Hope your problem will be solved with one of these simple solutions being posted. Happy Travels-- Ken

K

Ken Washington

Roger,
I had the same problem and after much worry and looking for the problem, I found that the outside shower in the storage area on the door side was turned on. This is where the hot and cold water was mixing together. This faucet is the one that you use the quick connect hose with.

Ken

Fordsd250

Ken, that is what my problem was. I checked the out side shower and sure enough it was on. Now we have HOT water again. Thanks so much for all of the replies. This forum is almost as good as a extended service plan.:D

jbeletti

Fords250,

Glad to hear you got your issue resolved without having to go to a dealer. The service personnel around this shop are pretty good. And they work cheap :)

Thanks team,

Jim

K

Ken Washington

Hi All,
Would you believe that the service department at Bill Plemmons said that there was nothing wrong with my hot water! I told them to try to take a shower and they would find out that something was wrong. You know that I called them with what I found to be the problem so that others would benefit. I am so glad to have helped you out! That's what this forum is all about!

Ken