MPG 181 Window / Jacking

canakiwi

Have just had our new MPG181 delivered to ND where we picked it up and drove back to Canada yesterday (18 Oct). There is no back window. The Dealer (RV Wholesalers) and Hearland both told me there would be a back window in the 181 but no side window. Our new one (build date 2 Sep) has one tiny side window by the door. It is like a dark cave. We are in Northern Saskatchewan, miles and miles from any dealer. Is it "sructually" possible for me to have a back window installed. If so where can I buy a window to match that in the front and I will then get it installed.

Also what is the "trick" to jacking up a single torsion axel. The manual says to call for roadside assistance. We are 100 miles from town, never mind civilization. I realize I should know this, but have only dealt with double torsion axels and leaf springs so need educating in my grey years.

Otherwsie we love it already.

Kevin & Sharon

hoefler

As for jacking the unit; place the jack under the cross tube of the torsion axle or the frame rail as close to it as safely as possible. Carry some blocks with you, as you raise the unit, you will have to raise it high enough to let the suspension relax. If you have a flat, that may require you to reset the jack if it tops out.

Last edited: