What was your most enjoyable tme this summer...

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Thought I might try to change the atmosphere and see what everyone thought was their best time this year.. What did you do. Did you have a good time. Tell us what makes you smile about this year.

We are up in Maine. Our original destination was Maine so we could get some fresh Lobster and then make our way south and watch the changing color of the leaves.

We went to Key West and traveled up the East Coast. Saw places about the civil war, revolutionary war, landing of the pilgrims, signing of the constitution, walked the streets of Washington DC, saw the ceremony of the Unknown Soldier, saw the white house, walked the streets of Times Square & saw my self on a huge TV screen, went to George Washington's birth place and where he was buried in Mt. Vernon.

Oh.. I am having fun. We are really looking forward to seeing the change of the leaves.

So it is not over until we get back to Dallas.

BC

Oh Yea.. Almost forgot that we attended a great rally and met new friends at the NYS Rally. Thanks again for the invitation.

Last edited:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We had a great trip to Colorado Springs with our two oldest grandsons. We have been there before but the boys loved it and that made it special for us.

jnbhobe

We got to travel a lot, we made it to 7 rallys and had a blast meeting new people and renewing old friendships. Thanks for the great time, Patti & Jon

truknutt

Committed Member
Thanks for asking Bob,

We were fortunate to take a Mediterranean Cruise (but had to miss the PA Chapter Rally to do it..:( ), attended the Nashville Rally and the Inaugural NY Chapter Rally. Had a blast at each of them! This weekend we hung out at the Owner's Club table at the Hershey RV Show and on Columbus Day weekend we will be joining some fellow Heartlanders for the "Unofficial Rally" at the Twin Grove KOA in Pine Grove, PA. Then we prep for SNOW :)

Paul & Nan

We traveled from Texas to Portland, OR for granddaughters graduation from OSU with her Masters!! From there we took the trip of a lifetime, British Columbia, Yukon Territory, and Alaska on a 45 day RV caravan. It was wonderful!! Been there, done that, now on to something else. Just not sure anything will ever top that. Seriously, if you want to see the beauty, ruggedness, etc of the last real frontier, take a caravan. Nan

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We have had such a great camping season this year. Couldn't beat Eric & Dorothy in Rallyholic's but we may have captured a runner up position. Attended SC, Eastern Region, NJ, PA, NY, VA and will be attending SC/NC next month. Also heading to MD & PA non-rally rallies. Spent many other weekends with a Heartland friend or two or three. Traveled many (thankfully safe) miles and made my first stop in West Virginia, although it was only at a traffic light on the way to the VA Rally. That region is beautiful and definately on my "gotta see more" list. Most importantly, we spent time with our grown sons. Fishing, swimming and playing video games just like when they were young. Those are the most precious moments, the things that are important, and thank GOD for giving it to me.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Well everytime we camp is special.We made the NC/SC rally and the Eastern regional rally. Had a couple non rally rallies with out Heartland friends.And will be rallying again in a couple weeks at Mayberry cg here in NC.Although the other campouts were great and I would do them all again,the best trip was our trip to Myrtle Beach to Ocean Lakes cg for two weeks over the forth of July. It was special because we were with all our kids,our best camping friends and their kids and the beach.John and Deb were there for a week, and Larry and Sam. came to visit.It was a great 2 weeks and a great summer.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Lots of great trips this year! Rallies, rallies, and more rallies! But the best trip had to be our just completed trip to Knoxville, TN. Our new Grand Canyon is an absolute dream come true. Wish we could keep going all year (and we may come close!).

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
We had a absolutely great time at Jellystone park in Lawrence KS with our five and eight year old grandsons for a week in August. We got to spend quality time with them and swim and just have fun with them.

dieselsweetheart

Hi Bob, good to hear from you again! Yes we must all count our blessings for our health and our ability to travel and spend time with such great friends in the Heartland family. This summer I did have to cancel my highly anticipated land/cruise tour of AK, I was physically able to substitute the NYS premier rally and then the VA rally at the end of August. Great time at both. We started off with the NJ rally in May, our rally in June, Nashville (despite my knee fracture..friends with golf carts came to my rescue!)...and now just spent the w/e with other owners in Hershey at the RV show. Any time spent with Heartland friends is a special time. AK next August and we are gonna drag Dave and Nona with us!!!

I am looking forward to a trip to Myrtle Beach in 2 weeks to see my son at the Golf Academy. Going to stay at the Rocky Mt. KOA on the way down, at the MB state park for 4 nights, then at the Richmond KOA on the way home. Then the PA "not-really-a-rally" rally Columbus day w/e, another local trip for a Halloween w/e (Starlite CG) and finishing off with a trip to Killens Pond in DE.

A full year for sure in our Big Horn! May the Lord keep everyone safe and healthy for continued fun and friendship!

sharmulst

Our great summer adventure started with the rally in Nashville. On July 19th we left with friends from Florida, Ron Pagel & Judy Bentley, on a 5,100 mile trip. It was a great trip to the Maritime Provinces as well as many stops in the Northeast. It was 9 weeks of fun, and some not so fun. Ron had a separation of the whole tread on one tire and a blowout on another. Thank the Lord there were no major damage that we had to cut short our trip. We ended our travels together at the Hershey RV show, they headed back to Florida and we headed west. It was sad to say goodbye, but will meet again this winter in AZ.

2010augusta

The best time Sandy and I had was our week long trip to Glacier, Waterton Lake, Banff, Yoho, Kootenay, and Jasper National parks in mid July. We did it all without the Landmark, we just packed the tent and the cooler in the Jeep and hit the road with the Corgis. When you full-time it is nice to get back to the basics every now and then.

Tom_Diane

Most exciting time was the whole camping season. Ours started April 12 and havent spent a night in our stick and brick yet. Our summer was more of a "staycation". We are in a park 5 miles from home and stayed at the park as volenteers for fundraising and assisted in some mowing duties in exchange for site. Made 3 trips out of the park this summer but was glad to get home to the park. Next year holds the promise of hosting with FHU. Not the ideal location for being at the park but ideal for the host but are still by the lake. Im retired, wife still works full time but we are building our resume for the time we both can relax in about 5 years.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Our best time was our trip to Montana with the Horn. Spent a week camping by the Boulder River. We also got to visit with our daughter for the week. The daughter lives 2 miles from the CG. I also was able to go swimming with my daughters 104# lab. I didn't want to go swimming but "stinky" made me. I never cared for swimming in an irrigation ditch but "stinky" loved it. We had a good time camping with Jonas and Stacy that own a new Elkridge who live in Billings.

hart1369

ours best time would have to be the 11 days at east harbor state park . we had the whole family with us at some point .grand kids just love the annual trip for them, its my and my dw favorite time and place

archbarb

I would have to say our 3000 mile shakedown trip the wife and I took to pick up our 2011 BC 3250TS will have to be at the top of the fun list. We left SE Georgia, drove to Nashville, TN., to visit my Mom for a day and night, then to Elkhart, IN., to pick up our BC. We spent four days at the RV Service Center getting some adjustments and tweaking done before hitting the road. While at the service center, there were 5-6 other Heartland fifth wheel owners (full timers) also getting work done. In the evening hours we would all gather around in chairs and listen to everyone's stories of their adventures.

After leaving there, we drove to East Tawas, MI., to visit friends for a few days of fishing and R&R. Never have been there in the summer, always go there in the winter to ice fish on Lake Huron. Very beautiful place. We left there and stopped off in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and then back home to SE Georgia.

Would have loved to have been gone longer, but two weeks was all I could manage away from work. Truth really be known, I really missed seeing our 9 month old grandson. He's such a JOY.

Archie