Road side assistance

currituck0209

My wife thinks since im getting older, i should get road side assistance. Which i agree. What type do most of you have & how dependable are they. Thanks for your help.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Good Sam Roadside Assistant. I have used it twice and both times help arrived in a timely manor.
Their plan also covers my trailer if it needs to be towed.
There are other plans available but I chose GS.

Peace
Dave

4ever

I also chose Good Sam. Fortunatley I have not had to use it yet. I comopared with others and thought they provided the best coverage.

Ted

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have the Good Sam ERS (emergency roadside assistance). I have used it a number of times and have always been pleased with their service. Even used it once when they had to tow both the truck and trailer. They sent a wrecker for the truck and a truck with a 5er hitch for the trailer. The good thing about Good Sam is you don't have to pay and then get reimbursed. I have never had to pay any out of pocket expenses. I would not be without it and it covers all of the vehicles we own.

DMitch

Yes, they cover all the vehicles you own. I have it and have used it twice. I think it's good coverage.

mlburst1

We have had Good Sam ERS for 20+ years - used it a number of times to tow either a TV and/or trailer - always timely and towed our vehicles where we directed, i.e., repair shop, campground or storage lot.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well I guess I have to be the odd ball out. We have Coach Net for RV's It covers you in your RV, in a car at home and if your with a friend in their car it will come get you.

I have only used Coach Net for a couple of things. Never had to pay out of my pocket.

I compared Coach Net and Good Sams. As I am an Escapee I got a good discount with Coach Net.

This is what we do.
BC

HappyKayakers

I also have Good Sam ERS and had to use it once for a flat on the BH. They showed up quickly and changed the tire. But the best roadside assistance I had was on my recent move to Lake Placid FL. Due to some mowing, the 2 lane highway was down to 1 lane. Flagmen were posted to direct traffic. I got stopped right in front of the flagman and a trucker behind me walked up to notify me that a trailer tire was going flat. I decided to change this one myself and the flagman repositioned himself behind the BH. I felt pretty safe changing that tire.

jcd8822

Joseph
We have had Good Sam for quite a few years and have used them at least once each year.

Only once there was a problem. That was this past May on the first day out on our summer trip. We were one hour from home when we had a blow out. We were still in "The Rio Grande Valley" of Texas. They sent a company to change the tire in which they "no habla Enlish" and they did not have a lug wrench. Their jack looked like a small house jack that would maybe be able to be used on a golf cart.

Moral of this story, do not have a lown out in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. Needless to say Good Sam was stunned when I did the customer service survey.

Joseph

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We had a terrible experience with Good Sam ERS on our way to Indiana. We broke down on the side of the road and were grossly overcharged by the mobile repair service that was sent out. We complained to Good Sam and they agreed that we had been overcharged and said they would refund a part of our fee, which we never received. Follow up calls did nothing so we are still out. I will not renew and cannot recommend them to anyone.