• Type: Breads
  • Category: Breakfast
  • Special:

Meta Data
=============================
  • Yield: 5-6 servings
  • Prep Time: 30 minutes
  • Ready in: 60 minutes
  • Difficulty: 2 ( 1 - Easy, 5 - Difficult )
  • Source: Suzanne Marcus (Mikemm62)

Ingredients

• 1 loaf French bread
    5-6 large eggs
    3/4 cup milk
    3/4 stick butter
    2/3 cup brown sugar
    1 tbs Karo syrup
    cinnamon
    nutmeg

Preparation Instructions

• Slice bread into 1" slices.
    In a small sauce pan melt butter, brown sugar and Karo .
    Pour into a 9X13 pan.
    Place bread slices on top.
    Mix eggs and milk together and pour on top of bread.
    Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg on top.
    Refrigerate over night.
    Bake 15-20 min. @400*.

Tips

Pitfalls

Variation Ideas
Cinnamon swirl bread works well in place of French bread.
Bread can be sliced a bit thicker and stuffed with cream cheese and/or a slice of peach or other fruit.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Only one question Dave, Is it as good as Jim's stuffed french toast we had in Ludington??? My Grand kids and I of curse really liked that.

jnbhobe

Only one question Dave, Is it as good as Jim's stuffed french toast we had in Ludington??? My Grand kids and I of curse really liked that.

OH BOY its GOOD, I was hoping no body would show up for breakfast!!!!!

jbeletti

Another French Toast recipe - cool!

Dave, thank you for cranking this into the Recipe Template. It now appears on the HOT list (Heartland Owners Treats)! (link)

Jim

Netem

It gets my vote also, I haven't had Jims so can't vote on his. Jim I did eat double the deserts at the rally since you were not there. I can't forget Jon's breakfast he put on with the help of Kenny yummy. Jim B you missed a good rally.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I can attest to the absolute goodness of JB's Stuffed French Toast. I think we were the trial case and it was to die for! Bet he has perfected the process by now and it has got to be awesome. Fresh Strawberry and Banana was my personal favorite!

jbeletti

It gets my vote also, I haven't had Jims so can't vote on his. Jim I did eat double the deserts at the rally since you were not there. I can't forget Jon's breakfast he put on with the help of Kenny yummy. Jim B you missed a good rally.

Thanks for having my back on desserts Neil. Knew I could count on you. Miss seeing you, Sharon and Daisy.

Jim

jbeletti

Gerry, I am not at liberty to say......I might lose my job.

Peace
Dave

They're really backing you into a corner now Dave :) Sounds like I "really" need to try this recipe. Now, if I could just get me some 40 clove chicken :) Time to post'r up Dave :)

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Why did I have to read this thread??? Now I'm hungry. We have used King's Hawaiian Bread for French Toast many times. No special recipes though. Just your basic eggs but we don't use milk in our egg mix. Maybe a pinch of Cinnamon and a drop of Vanilla extract. Yummy!!!