Virgin Mobile Internet 2GO Report

DMitch

Today I went and purchased a Virgin Mobile Internet 2GO modem and 1 month unlimited service. Just wanted to let everyone know that it works great for me so far. I am located in north western Vermont and really had my doubts. It works great from my home, easy to install and no contract commitment. I will report back during my travels and let everyone know how it continues to work.

My current internet provider wasn't able to support me in FL. for the winter so I had to have another carrier down there. I am told that the sprint network will do just fine in the Tampa area. If this continues to work as well as it is now it will be nice not to have to have two providers.

Thnaks to those who brought this service to light on this forum. Will report back when I have more info.

Safe Travels
Dan

Duramax1

I live in Canada but spend 2-3 months each year traveling in the USA. During a trip in August, none of the State Parks we stayed at in Washington had WiFi and that started me thinking about Broadband2Go.

We just returned from a trip to the Oregon Coast and the first thing I did was purchase a modem and one months service.

I can report that I am very pleased with the device and the service I received in Newport and Bend in Oregon.

I purchased a top up card for another one month of service which I will activate when we reenter the USA next March.

sgtbigb

Well we are here in Corpus Christi, Tx and I am glad to report that the Virgin Mobile Broadband2go is working as advertised. My wife is watching movies from Korea and my iPad is working too. I like it!

Willym

Thanks for the reports. We may go with Virgin this winter if the promised improved WiFi in our Texas park doesn't pan out. Has anyone purchased the WiFi box from Virgin? I want to be able to run a couple of computers (maybe even let my neighbour in on it) from the service.

DW_Gray

I have the Verizon MiFi 2200 and was looking forward to see what Broadband2Go had to offer. I really like the unlimited bandwidth for $40 a month. That's certainly better than what I'm paying. Truthfully, I don't think I'm getting the desired service (speed) that I pay for. I do pretty much get what is advertised as long as the signal strength is good (3-4 bars). I looked at the Broadband2Go web page and then the coverage area. The coverage area has stopped me from any further consideration. Verizon coverage area is huge compared to Broadband2Go.

So I'll wait till something better comes along.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Well I bought my Virgin Mobile Broadband modem yesterday. Activated it and I am up and running. Plugged it in the router and everyone is online again and it seems to be just a good as our Sprint Broadband. I will try this out for a month or two and hope to dump Sprint. I will have to pay a termination fee but it will be worth it.

Mark

sgtbigb

Well a couple of weeks of use of the virginmobile mifi device, I am going to give it a rating of poor. When I first hook it up it work well for a couple of days. It is now slow and sometimes off line for 30 minutes at a time. It could be the reception is poor at the Naval Air Station here in Coupus Christi. I will report again when I get to Houston next week at the S Texas regional rally.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Well a couple of weeks of use of the virginmobile mifi device, I am going to give it a rating of poor. When I first hook it up it work well for a couple of days. It is now slow and sometimes off line for 30 minutes at a time. It could be the reception is poor at the Naval Air Station here in Coupus Christi. I will report again when I get to Houston next week at the S Texas regional rally.
Gene, does the device have an input for an external antenna? We were in Corpus 2 years ago just down Waldron Rd the other side of SPID. We had good reception with an external antenna. Go to www.3gstore.com and search by device for a compatible antenna. Might make a world of difference for a few bucks.

sgtbigb

Gene, does the device have an input for an external antenna? We were in Corpus 2 years ago just down Waldron Rd the other side of SPID. We had good reception with an external antenna. Go to www.3gstore.com and search by device for a compatible antenna. Might make a world of difference for a few bucks.

No there ia noplace for an external antenna on the mifi device. However I did go onlineand look at the troubleshooting page. Recommend I place the device near window, which I did. Some improvement so I guess its the reception instead of the device>