Anyone used a HawksHead TPMS?

Northern Virginia
I have decided that I need a TPMS for the 5th wheel. When on the road, I frequently check the OEM TPMS on our GMC. After looking at several, I like the HawksHead for several reaons.

1. The batteries are replaceable
  2. The unit is small and simple without the bling that some of the other units have
  3. It also displays temperature.
Has anyone used one of these and would you recommend it?

Thanks, John

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I would get a TPMS since you back end is so out of level and placing extra weight on your rear axle.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Yep!! We have it. Just recently replaced our Pressure Pro with it. It was gonna cost us almost as much as the cost of this system just to replace the PP sensors...this way we upgraded, got replaceable batteries and can now monitor tire temps...works great!!

camr

We have had excellent luck with the Tire Minder system. The "in Vehicle" receiver is very small, and can handle up to 22 tires. It is rechargeable and can run for "up to" 30 days between charges. The accuracy of our unit, with both pressure and temperature is excellent. Check it out.

Dutch & Di

We decided to to with the TST brand.
They too make a monitor with replaceable batteries. It also has a small but readable monitor and it displays both the Tire pressure and tire temperature at the same time. Diana
I have decided that I need a TPMS for the 5th wheel. When on the road, I frequently check the OEM TPMS on our GMC. After looking at several, I like the HawksHead for several reaons.

1. The batteries are replaceable
  2. The unit is small and simple without the bling that some of the other units have
  3. It also displays temperature.

Has anyone used one of these and would you recommend it?

Thanks, John

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
How is the HawksHead TPMS compared to the Pressure Pro? What is the pro and con of both systems, or is the HawksHead the next generation of new technology?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
It is definitely an upgrade in technology and convenience. I also like the small monitor which can be carried from vehicle to vehicle...pressure pro monitor is large and needs to be mounted...

dprince99

We've had the HawksHead TPMS for about two years now.
Moved sensors from truck to trailer for this season & hope to get 6 more for the truck by next spring.
Also bought the remote repeater, system works well for us.
We get batteries(1632) off internet & replace once a season.

Northern Virginia
We decided to to with the TST brand.
They too make a monitor with replaceable batteries. It also has a small but readable monitor and it displays both the Tire pressure and tire temperature at the same time. Diana

Thanks all for the replies.

The TST looks nice as well. I like the temp,PSI display at the same time. Of course, you still have to toggle between wheels.

The web site says you have to return the sensors to them to have the batteries replaced though.

John

MC9

You don't toggle between wheels with the TST. It automatically goes from wheel to wheel every few seconds. If you had a low tire the alarm beep overrides everything. It stills goes from wheel to wheel but, the alarm keeps beeping until you fix it.

jnbhobe

Also, what about the system from TST? I've read good things about their product.

CS

I have the TST system, works good. We got the one with the 5yr batteries because Dan Covington the owner says the batteries will only last 9mo to a year on the replaceable ones.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I just got the camping world f;yer and they have a system, They do not give a brand name. I can do 22 tires and change batteries. Anyone know the name? We are 2000km from nearest camping world but going to Denver on Saturday.

caissiel

I just bought the Hawkshead Unit because they are available in this country and can handle the trailer tires to 110Lbs. Price was great and will surely make use of them soon on our trip south in November.

After I will buy sensors for the truck to, need to walk first and learn the use of them.

Read a lot of positive reports on them ib verious forums.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Here is the link for the new TST 507, http://www.tsttruck.com/Product_List.html.

I have this model and it works great. It does change between tires every few seconds and you can change the batterys now.

Mike

I too have this setup and like it real well. I have been very interested in the pressures and temps now that I have this installed. I just wish there was a way to log the data and download it to the laptop and put it in a spreadsheet.

Mark

PUG

Pug
I too am looking to purchase a TPMS system. I have come down to (I think) either the Hawkshead or the TST system. In doing a head to head comparison I see the TST and the Hawkshead are very very similar.

It appears the Hawkshead (HH) has lighter sensors which might help on the valve stem replacement needed on heavier sensors.

It appears the TST has a little better accuracy, stated anyway.

It appears both will probably need boosters. Possibly not on the HH.

It appears HH has a few more alarms such as alarms on multiple tires.

The TST appears to have a 2 yr vs a 1 yr warranty.

Reviews seem to be a little better with the HH.

The HH so far is about $150 less than the TST for my Ram Dually and triple axle fifth wheel.

Can anyone add anything plus or minus to either of these units to help me make up my mind?

mikeandconnie

I have the TST 507 and it works great without a booster on my 38.5' rig. I have about 2000 miles using it and it never missed a beep...

caissiel

I have observed that Tire Tracker is a version of Hawkshead and there are representatives in the states. Tire Rack sells them too.
There is also a rep touring conventions and trailer shows around the country.

PSF513

I have the TST 510 and have not needed a booster for our BH 3610. It works like a champ and I am very pleased.