Privacy Please

Rambler

We have a 3800RD that has the 2 Sliding Doors for the Bathroom upstairs. Our Daughter and Son in Law is planning to stay with us for a few days. I'm trying to figure out the best way to install some type of locks for the sliding doors. I'm looking for any suggestions or ideas that others may have installed.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Simple warnings: "If the door to the bedroom is closed, don't open it. If you do, you might see what led to your birth." Or, "Knock First, Open Second." Lastly, you could either move or get another stud snap fastener like is used to hold the door open during transit and mount it on the wall INSIDE the bedroom and use the strap to hold it closed.

Rambler

Thanks for the Snap Idea. I was thinking about that already, but wasn't sure if it would work easily. BTW, I was concerned that I might make the Son in Law feel bad about his Manhood. HeHe

RollingHome

Ramler, according to Alan, Lowes and Home Depot have locks for sliding doors. It's on my to do list and I suspect now on yours, good luck dude.

RoadJunkie

It is called the "Honor System"!

Here is a thread that covers your question:

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/12963-bathroom-door-locks?

JohnDar

Thanks for the Snap Idea. I was thinking about that already, but wasn't sure if it would work easily. BTW, I was concerned that I might make the Son in Law feel bad about his Manhood. HeHe

If that be the case, then warn the Son in Law that if he opens the door he risks getting an eye poked out, depending on what position you may be in. :rolleyes:

Or, just eat a double-bean burrito before going to bed. You'll be the only one in the bathroom. Everyone else will be looking for a secluded tree.:)

porthole

Retired
What? you get locks on the sliding bathroom doors?

Can you post a pic of the lock used by the factory?

Will do Alan later today.

Yes, all 3 sliders have a small twist lock in the door pull. we use them all the time to keep the pups out of the cat food in the bathroom.

Even closed my one golden will open the door, so the lock is a must.

The more I read about fit and finish on the different trailers here, the more I like my Cyclone.

Little things like this lock issue and others like wiring. I have none of the rats nest of wiring others have posted pictures of. Same with the heater duct hoses. Mine are all short and to the point. Same with the the plumbing for the most part too.

porthole

Retired
Here ya go for your viewing and privacy pleasure..............

Attachments

• D30_7631.JPG
    D30_7631.JPG
    310.4 KB · Views: 24
  • D30_7632.JPG
    D30_7632.JPG
    313.3 KB · Views: 22
  • D30_7634.JPG
    D30_7634.JPG
    282.3 KB · Views: 24
  • D30_7635.JPG
    D30_7635.JPG
    276.3 KB · Views: 22

JohnDar

Here ya go for your viewing and privacy pleasure..............

I would be willing to bet that all of the sliding doors that HL uses are constructed identically. With that, retrofitting existing sliders with that door latch is practically a no brainer. You would not even have to remove the existing finger hole we currently have. Just mount the new latch a bit above or below it.

I wonder if that latch is standard, i.e., available at any home center, or is it an RV exclusive. The internal framing of an RV door might not be the same as one for a S&B, so the size may be different (just guessing). But, if HL Parts is willing to sell them, then it's not a consideration.

JohnDar

The door width may be an issue, and I am not near my rig to measure, but we have the same style of door lock on a pocket door here at our home. Lowe's has them:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_87403-1277-...oor&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?Ntt=pocket+door

That could be a consideration. My rig is in storage, not too far from home, so maybe I'll shoot over there and take a measurement.

I did get my broken cabinet door fixed and remounted. Good as new. Mounted a battery shut-off switch in the hydraulic/battery compartment, too.