Shocked!!

sdagro

OK guys, I've got a real TINGLER for y'all. While finishing my install this weekend, which consisted of the 2 longer bolts that Happijac sent me. I was installing the last bolt and felt a slight tingle. Didn't pay much attention as I thought I may have a had a small cut on my hand and just bumped it the wrong way. A few wrench turns later I got the $$$T shocked out of me. Had a friend get his meter and try to duplicate the shock to no avail. I was lying down under the camper when it happened. A few hrs. later I was trying out one of those Carry-out Winegard Satellite systems on a nearby picnic table, got on one knee to attach coax to unit and got the $$$T knocked out of me again. Any ideas??? Would really be crazy if this was related to refrigerator problem wouldn't it. I would appreciate any feedback on this one. Thanks, Steve A. Dagro​

wdk450

Steve:
It sounds like you might have an intermittent open ground or intermittent neutral/ground connection. What kind of power service were you using? 30 amp? If it were me and I could get away with 20 amp, I would get a GFI in the supply circuit pronto. They make them built into cords.
Better you prevent the BIG ZAP and not go to the great power source in the sky. Then find this intermittent problem.

sdagro

Great Picture Jim. My in-laws live in Baldwin, MI and I have been to Ludington several times. Beautiful area a normally very comfortable in the summer.

sdagro

I've been crawling around under my camper at home doing different mods while connected since I got it and have never had this problem. The campground we tailgate at has dated electrical to say the least. Next weekend I will try the opposite side of the pedestal. I am using a brand new manufactured cheater box to get my 50A. After getting zapped the 1st time I disconnected the power long enough to finish my project them replugged. I did notice a slight crack in one of the 30A receptacles I was connected to but friend checked it with tester and showed OK.