Outside Storage Doors

busted2341

Has anyone had a problem with the outside storage doors accummulating water in the seam of the doors. Each time I open the door I get a bunch of water that has accummulated in the seam, runs down the door and is a rusty brown color. I am also getting a rust color around the bottm seam, like the insulation or whatever is in between the door panels is comming off.:confused: This does not just happen when it rains or I wash it. Even condinsation builds in that little seem.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Yes you are not the only one where to water runs out of the compartment doors. I have drilled some more holes in the bottom edge to haelp get the water out. So far it has helped a little.

svd

I have the same problem. I was wondering about caulking the area where the frame meets the door on the outside to see if that helps, but haven't done it yet.

HappyKayakers

I have that problem on the street side storage door. There's some bordering material around the compartment door and the frame around the door. There's a gap at top dead center on both pieces. I sealed that gap and it helps some.

busted2341

Thanx for replies......I think I am going to contact Heartland and see if they will fix the problem....Seems if the water is getting through they have the problem not us!

Uncle Rog

Howdy, I have only washed her 2 or 3 times so far with no noticable leaks and since March the So Cal desert rain totals have been negligible. Our first rain day was 11/27 and have not opened her up yet, I will tonight to check those areas, water intrusion will ruin a coach in a hurry. I am looking forward to testing the heating system, on 11/20 it was 90! Finally today it is only in the 50's.......................