Cyclone ???

trackeer

Hey All,

Was hoping I could ask a few questions of you Cyclone owners, we have been shopping around and looking at 5th Wheels TH's and TC's, yea I know but let me finish. The TC would allow us the mobility and option to tow our enclosed trailer, we snowmobile and ride MC's, this trailer is set up for both. TC's seem to be well equipped for winter use, of course some trade off's is Elbow Room, otherwise feature for feature they are well equipped and at **+K they should be.
We have also shopped 5th Wheel TH's, Be it Fuzions, Raptors, Razors etc are TH's but set up more like Man Caves and my wife had no interest. The Cyclone and Open Range Rolling Thunder are more residential in contrast and had a more homey feel.
Our intentions are to use these RV's for Winter as well as Summer Activites and would seem that the Open Range and Cyclone are insulated well for that use. Like many folks today we want our best bang for our buck, we found a 2009 3950 leftover and the dealer wants **K for it, I think pretty much loaded and I called a dealer in Michigan Lakeshore RV who claims to discount these things substantially, a 2011 3950 for **K with many options.
Has anyone any experence with these folks, I am in NH and their claim to fame is they deliver Nation/World wide, excuse me for being skeptical but one must be sure of what they are doing lest they get taken for a ride, and who wants to dump their money into a potential nightmare!!!
Would love to hear about anyones experence with winter camping, hauling snowmobiles, and their general thoughts about Cyclones and of course LakeShor RV:confused:

Thanks

Moe in NH

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello trackeer and welcome to the forum. I am sure you will find much good information on this forum. I hope the Cyclone is in your future.
As far as Lakeshore RV goes I do not have any experience with them allthough many forum member have. I have not heard anything bad about them. I am sure someone will chime in with their experience.
The only thing that concerns me is not buying local. I beleive in that. Have you given your local guy a chance to meet or come close the the Lakeshore price?
If you want to use it in cold weather dual pane windows are a must. Don't let a dealer tell you that you don't need them.

Peace
Dave

trackeer

Hey Dave,

Absolutely and couldn't agree more with that assessment, my local dealer is less than 1 mile from my house. Priced at **K for a leftover 09 isn't even close to Lakeshore RV, and were talking units built in July or so of 2008, may explain why they still have (3)Three on there lot here and in Maine. The unit close to here is in discusting shape, almost pathetic considering they want **K, oh well.
So as much as I hate the idea I am forced to shop out of NH or pay big money for a 3 year old camper. I agree with the Dual Pane windows, short of ordering one try and find many that have them installed, these companies rate these things as 4 season and in Cyclones case down to zero and install single pane glass :confused:. I may wind up with sigle pane and installing some sort of storm, I can live with that if the price is right.

Thanks for the Comment.

Moe in NH

MC9

Purchased my 2010 Sundance from them. Nice facility, lots of stock. Great financing. Short of being run over by a bulldozer I don't go back to dealers anyway. If I can't fix they can't either.

MC9

Accidently double posted and everything got thrown out, I'll try again. Purchased our 2010 Sundance from Lakeshore (live 200 miles away) Nice facility, lot of stock and great financing. When we were there in April of 09 they had already shipped 45 units out of state that month. I don't take my stuff back to the dealer anyway. If I can't fix it neither can they.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Hey, Moe,
We are heading to NH next week. Can't help with your questions but I can tell you we are thrilled with our Heartland so far. Good luck in your search and hope to see you here as an owner soon.

gpshemi

Re: Cyclone???

Many folks here have a dislike for Thor products, so keep in mind that Heartland is now a Thor owned company.

That said we've been very pleased with our Cyclone. Just checked out those Open Ranges and I'll be giving them a hard look next time around.

trackeer

Thanks for the Heads up,

It would appear there are few independant operations out there, at this time Open Range is one of them, but, dealerships are scarce!!
I pulled the trigger on a 3814 and made the leap, ordered one as suggested by Rob and Mo and got the same deal as if I took it off the lot.
Got my Thermal Pane Windows and Brad from RV Wholesalers will be asking the factory to up the insulation for 4 season use, guess if you order it you get exactley what you want.
I did call my local dealer and the salesman was honest and upfront and said don't waste my time on the 09's they have and get what you want the way you want it:D

Moe in NH

PUG

Pug
I have an 09 model 3950 that I can tell you about after having it for three winters and two summers. Send me a personal message if you want.

robnmo

Thanks for the Heads up,

It would appear there are few independant operations out there, at this time Open Range is one of them, but, dealerships are scarce!!
I pulled the trigger on a 3814 and made the leap, ordered one as suggested by Rob and Mo and got the same deal as if I took it off the lot.
Got my Thermal Pane Windows and Brad from RV Wholesalers will be asking the factory to up the insulation for 4 season use, guess if you order it you get exactley what you want.
I did call my local dealer and the salesman was honest and upfront and said don't waste my time on the 09's they have and get what you want the way you want it:D

Moe in NH

;) Congrats, hope it turns out 1/2 as sweet as ours has been. HEY..............can I file for a commission? :D:D:D

You got our numbers, give us a ring when you head this way, we'll walk through with ya.........we like being nosey and checking out RV's. :D We got exactly what we wanted, but still can't resist stopping places and looking through them.

DW_Gray

Just make sure you have them take some extra steps to protect the pipes and tanks underneath. I had a lot of problems this past winter with mine. The lines and the fresh water tank froze up. I have since made some improvements and I hope this winter will be better. But I'm going to try to avoid the winter cold this year if I can.

trackeer

Sweet,

Coming to Camp and take in the Season Foilage or a general visit, gonna be a early Fall this year, and that means a early snow and that means I will probally have several Camper Repairs to make, lolololol.
I guess I am a owner now, put my deposit on a 3814 and we are excited.....thanks to you folks I think we made a good choice as all you guys and gals convinced us buying a Heartland makes us part of a Big Family, something we did not see elsewhere.
Feel free to drop us a line when you arrive if you guys need any assisstance getting around or where to go etc.

Thanks

Moe