Dryer Electrical problem

Sueayers

Hi there We have the Grand Canyon model with all the bells and whistles but we have a problem with the dryer. It keeps blowing the breaker. It does it when pluged into power or when the generator is running. Has done it since day one. Any ideas:confused:

Northern Virginia
There are two receptacles in the back of the closet (laundry room). I presume one is for the washer and one for the dryer (2 separate circuits?) Is each unit plugged into a different receptacle? I think they need to be or you would overload the one receptacle.

Worth a shot,
John

Willym

Does it trip the breaker right away or is it time delayed? If it is a slow trip then try plugging it in to another outlet as you may have a weak circuit breaker. If it still trips the breaker then you have a dryer fault and it's needs to see an appliance doctor.

K

karykatz

John is correct. Do you have the washer and dryer plugged in seoerate recepts. If you do have them plugged in seperate, than i recommend having your dealer look at the issue. i hope this helps.

Sueayers

I have talked to the company that is doing the warranty work but we got the camper late fall last year and live in Canada so didn't use the dryer. Then this year we just tried the dryer in the last while and our year is almost up. Also hoped it would be something small.